Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Let's try and stay on focus here, the wolves are hungry in the other thread. Any other thoughts to this rule?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Is there an SFI rating on window nets or something that identifies them as being a safe window net? The only (legitimate) question I have herd is " can we use the net type vs the strap type?"

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is an SFI Rating, but it costs near $5000 to be able to use their rating system. That is why we only say "Lowest Rated Firesuit" for the fire suit rule.

SCORE let's teams use both nets and straps, but to the guideline that we have. Many of the rules that I posted derived from the SCORE Rulebook with some tweeking so that they relate more to our sport. For Example, SCORE allows teams to use Velcro fasteners, x'ed that out

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
We can still require it to have a rating tag though can't we? Just looking for a way to keep people from making their own.
Also, I don't think that a "Net Type" window net would pass the rule that says you can't move it out more than 4". I might be wrong about that. I'll ask Brett Porter cause this is the type he sells.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think if they can get the net type tight enough to where it doesn't push out 4 inches, than fine, but over that is too much.

There are acutally a ton of good nets that don't have SFI ratings. I will check more into this as I have a phone conference with DJ Safety on Monday

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sooo..... what are the plans guys, I know not many people are wanting to talk much maybe because of my mom and everything, but we need to get this pushed through so that teams have enough time to build towards specs and such...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts