Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew what you call the rubber pice that kidna holds the window to the regulator, mine is dry-rotted and i took it out, and i cant roll down the window without it. is this a generic piece or can i order one? if so where can i get it? TIA.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so im back with a new question, how the fawk do i put the window in the channel for the regulator. i put the rubber part on the window, first dry diddnt work then with soapy water. i took the window out and did this.

i put the rubber part, then try to push the metal part on, i feel like im gonna break the glass by doing it, the book says use a hammer, so im tapping it with a hammer, its kinda soing a see saw effect. anyway i kinda get it on like 3/4 and then i bolt it to the regulator, it goes up fine, then i try to lower it, it falls off, i hate this design!

·
Registered
405 Posts
when I did mine I used a rubber mallet to beat the glass into the channel. I thought it was gonna break too but when I finally resorted to the mallet I was already pissed so I beat the living hell out of it until it seated down all the way. I stood the window upside down on the carpet and just wailed on it.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think i should use the soapy water?

anyone use a glue or something to keep it from coming off again?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I didn't use anything at all, just brute force. When mine was all the way seated there was no way in hell I could even almost get the shit apart even if I wanted too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
We use silicone spray at our glass shop, really soapy water would probably work fine too. On our own rigs, we just don't use the rubber, instead we put it in the U with urethane, like we put windshields in with. 400+ lbs holding power, doesnt come off until you want it to or the window breaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts