Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance's FJC got hit by a stray bullet in the DS rear window, while parked in our driveway. :mr-t:
Does anybody know where I might find the proper way to go about replacing it once she orders a new one? Sort of a step by step thing? We would rather not file a claim with Ins.( home or auto) The window costs just shy of $200 and I can foresee the stealership charging a lot to install it.
Just thought I'd check here for some help and maybe save a buck if I can do it myself. Otherwise, I'll have her call and make an appointment... Thanks for your time,
-matt

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean like a Haynes or Chiltons?
Forgive me, I just assumed that these vehicles were too new for there to be anything like that available yet.
And no I hadn't sirched for that either...:homer:
Thanks, I will try that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If it's a 'glue in' type of deal, you might check with the windshield replacement companies... they'd be cheaper than the dealer and since you'd be putting in OEM glass, there's no issue with that... and they would have the right type of sealer. Just an idea. Good luck... sounds like you live in similar hood... :chopper circles overhead: <---seriously

1 - 7 of 7 Posts