Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have some cool JC Whitless mirror window tint from the 70's on my truck's windows. How do I get it off? What is the easiest way?? Thanks

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Plenty of new razor blades.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
peel off film, spray alot of windex on it, get a razor blade, and scrape. comes right off, unless that 70's of yours has the rear window defogger, cuz that's a little more difficult.;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Use razor blades and plenty of Windex or whatever brand glass cleaner. The razor blades will remove the tint layer then the Windex eats at the adhesive which is then also removed by the blades. It makes a big mess but it is not to hard.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My 84 had some cheap tint on it-the crap that turned purple- I used a heatgun for the most part. The tint that did not come of, I soaked with carb cleaner then scraped it with a razor blade.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Tim, I've removed tint from every Land Cruiser I ever owned (can't see out the back on the trail at night), and tried several different variations. The one that worked the best for me was using those flat razor holders with the slide button, plenty of fresh razors as ForestCam suggested, and Goop! (in spray form is easier) sprayed liberally over the remaining glue. It's a PITA but can be done in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Four easy steps.

1. 5 gal bucket
2. Fill with 2.5 gallons of 87
3. Set in vehicle
4. toss match at bucket

Tint should be gone in a couple of seconds :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Heat it up with a heat gun, then get an edge up with a razor blade. Grab the edge, and pull it right off. Even works for rear windows with defrost grids. Follow up with window cleaner and 000 steel wool to remove any glue left behind.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
WTF?
Is this question on this BBS for?

Get this crap out of here.

DELETE THIS POST! :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

·
Premium Member
30,415 Posts
GET A FAWKEN ROCK AND SMASH YOUR FAWKEN WINDOW. AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT HIT YOURSELF IN THE HEAD WITH SAID ROCK FOR POSTING SUCH A LAME ASS QUESTION ON OUR bb.

:ROLLEYES:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.