Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am going to be doing cage soon. I am looking into drilling out the hinge pin and adding quick release pin. That way I can remove windshield before I hit trail. Also quick disco for wipers. I can't seem to come up with anything on search. Anyone have link or pictures?

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Depends on what kind of jeep you have. On a YJ its easy - you don't drill it out you just push it out with an air hammer. The pin is knurled on one end, you need to make sure that is the side you are pushing out. I suspect that a TJ would be the same way.

The wiper harness just unplugs, can't get much quicker than that.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
having gone through the whole pounding, hammering, grinding, using air, and such ... if I had to do it all over again I would've gotten a set of (aftermarket) hinges.
Look at the picture below to see what the hinge pins look like on a TJ:

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
That is what the YJ pins look like as well. Couple minutes with the air hammer and mine came out. You do need to make sure you are pushing them the right direction though. Pretty sure that on the YJ they needed to be pushed out from the inside.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I snapped a pic for ya. I cheated. I've done this a couple times. I cut the ends off the pin and cut slots in the bottom of the 2 hoops seen below to relieve pressure. Punch and a couple taps and it popped right out. Weld it back up and rig up a quick release pin. Quick and simple. Shitty pic but here's the cut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts