Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking one uup tommorow and its still in the frame i just pull the key out and then it should come out fairly eazy right? if not any tips tricks or? thanks

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
see if you can hook up with gene aka landcruiserjunky. he does glass for a living and he's close to you. i'm sure he'll be able to help you out or show you how to do it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ya know, the cost of a new windshield rubber isn't that much. I personally just take a box cutter to the rubber and push the glass out. Then install the glass with a new rubber. Plus the old rubber is usually too stiff to reuse.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
well , peel it out with gasket on glass , remove gasket from metal frame not try pulling glass out first .
I think they rope in so you should be able to get it started at a corner and the gasket should sorta peel out as you go .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Done quite a few. Used 2 flat bladed screwdrivers on inside of windshield to push rubber to the outside. If you're not careful you'll scratch the paint but the rubber will likely cover it up. Do about 1/3 of it, try pulling/it out. If it's been out before it'll likely come out with ease, otherwise you'll have to peel more rubber out first.

To put back in put rubber on glass. Make sure you don't have it on upside down. Put it up against windshield frame. Pull rope into inside of rig, allowing rubber to fit around metal on frame. Gently smack glass a few times to help it line up properly and continue pulling rope until windshield in completely.

Take your time. Seen too many windshields break because they were in a hurry. Rest of hardtop glass can be taken out in similar manner.

HTH. :)

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
wanna know how i handled that situation in "darth"?!

after breaking a few windshields and replacing a couple of windshield frames, we decided it was easiest to fix the situation was:
1) size 12 boot to the windshield from the inside of the vehicle
2) measure windshield frame
3) buy a piece of lexan
4) zip-screw said piece to windshield frame
5) have another beer

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
orangefj45 said:
wanna know how i handled that situation in "darth"?!

after breaking a few windshields and replacing a couple of windshield frames, we decided it was easiest to fix the situation was:
1) size 12 boot to the windshield from the inside of the vehicle
2) measure windshield frame
3) buy a piece of lexan
4) zip-screw said piece to windshield frame
5) have another beer
ya i just going to do lexan at this point the one i went to go pick up out of a frame today was out of a 76 not a 65-75 so fawk it where can i get lexan?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts