Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what wires do I need to splice in to the stock 87 zuk harness from a 79 12a do I need the hole 79 harness junk yard wants 50 bucks more for the harness and would be alot eazier too thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
Whats a 12a?

·
Registered
705 Posts
OHHH...Rotary 12a, sorry. Rotozuk your up.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hell if I know.. What do youplan to keep on the 12A? Most people just run a simple carb set up, and add the few wires needed for the ignition system.

I'm guessing you don't need the RX7 harness.. if you plan to run the stock carb, and it has wires going to it....

Check a manual for the RX7. Sounds like you are jumping into this without doing your research. Those kinds of jumps get expensive.

Make sure you get the oil cooler.

-Wayne

·
Registered
562 Posts
jumping into a swap with an engine you know nothing about without a manual is a recipe for headaches, you wont do it twice believe me. get a good manual for a 12a car, some good wiring diagrams and make sure you got everything you need before you start. one thing I know about rotaries: dont run synthetic oil in em. they need to use oil and synth doesnt burn so well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a haynes manual I have owned rx7 before and I have done other swaps all that I was asking was if anyone had a diagram or something just to make it eazier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.