Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any good sites for learning the basics of wiring? I am a COMPLETE AND TOTAL wiring idiot, but i really want to learn the basics. I'm tired of being able to build rigs, then freeze when i see a green wire looking at me!:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
The Haynes Electrical Manual is a good book for an introduction to 12VDC systems. The Fuel Injection Manual is also informative as well.

This is Hef BTW.

;)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
In a few weeks I'll be rewiring a buddies rig. You bring some :beer: and show you the basics, routing tricks, relays, molex connectors, etc.

Joe

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
jdjanda said:
In a few weeks I'll be rewiring a buddies rig. You bring some :beer: and show you the basics, routing tricks, relays, molex connectors, etc.

Joe

What are Molex connectors?
I did a search and a quick glance turned up connectors for CPU's and that kind of stuff.

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
R O said:

What are Molex connectors?
I did a search and a quick glance turned up connectors for CPU's and that kind of stuff.
Molex is a general term for a multi-pin plastic terminal in a wiring harness. Generally.

Hef, at Roxy's ;)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Roxywheels said:

Molex is a general term for a multi-pin plastic terminal in a wiring harness. Generally.

Hef, at Roxy's ;)
Dam, I thought Rox threw up some tech, shocked the sheet out of me. Well on your way to TDS I see. Too fawk'n bad I'll be in FL.

To properly terminate requires proper crimpers (read expensive).

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
Hey you f**kers!!!! I could have wrote that $hit!! :flipoff2: I'm gonna go back and edit Hef's name outta those posts so I look REALLY smart! :D :roxy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts