Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 87 YJ that had suffered a fire in the engine bay and dash area. This rig has a super body and hard top so I pulled all the burnt wires and such and now want to wire it to just run for now. Problem is the manual I have doesn't have the diagram for where the wires from the distributor go. It is a plug with purple/violet, orange and black wires. Where is this supposed to go? I can't trace the wires because they are burnt so bad.

If anyone knows of a better wiring diagram than a chilton manual, could you point me to it.

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Pick up a factory service manual for the 87 yj. That will help you out with wiring a WHOLE lot more than a chiltons.
Scott

·
Registered
52 Posts
http://www.howell-efi.com/technical_support/jeep_kit.pdf

page 16 of the howell TBI installation instruction shows a nice way to connect your orange and purple wire. in the nutter bypass style.

the orange and purple wires go to the ICM ( ignition control module), which is under the window washer reservoir.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the Howell diagram put me in the correct direction. I was able to pour fuel down the carb and start it, now I just need to swap out the extra crispy carb :nuke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts