Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
As I thought.......... look at what the power runs through to get to the brake and turn signals. This diagram is from vatozones site. You need a user profile to view diagrams. The hot lead connects to the hazard flasher then from there to the brake light switch. From there it goes to the turn signal control where it is sent to the proper bulbs depending on what position the turn signal switch is in. You bypassed all of that with the jumper and diode setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
slam the tail gate real hard sometimes that fixes them

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks 71800B that is what I needed to know. Looks like I have to do sum tracing under the dash.

As to all the other advice I have tested the rear harness and have disconnected it at the fire wall and found that the signals going to it are faulty, therefore the rear harness is not the problem. I did go throe it and did find allot of ground straps that were bugged and fixed them but the issue is that the rear harness isn’t getting the right signal. Will tear into the under dash harness tomorrow when I get off work and see what I come up with.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
wiring is gay, you either have the patience to work on it or you dont, deal with it. if you cant figure out that somewhere there is a break in your connection or continuity that should be a pretty good indication of what or where to go to next. think of it like water. just go up stream till you find water. simple shit. its pretty easy to pull a harness from the tail lights back. everything has a connector you shouldnt have to cut anything. be prepared to buy new wiring or be fixing some booty ass work, these trucks seem to attract it. especially with wiring.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Thanks 71800B that is what I needed to know. Looks like I have to do sum tracing under the dash.
No problem :D I am in the process of installing a 1999 gmc column and a 1998 tpi 305 with electronic everything into my 1971 scout. My new column has 44 wires, the scout column has 8 wires :eek:. Use the vatozone site for wiring diagrams, you just have to make a user profile to access the diagrams.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
No problem :D I am in the process of installing a 1999 gmc column and a 1998 tpi 305 with electronic everything into my 1971 scout. My new column has 44 wires, the scout column has 8 wires :eek:. Use the vatozone site for wiring diagrams, you just have to make a user profile to access the diagrams.
um... pretty much the same shit we showed him... cute........... He is working with a 1978 chevy, not a 1999 chevy. your information does not pertain to this thread, so you just clouded the issue, and confused the OP. Great work. Youre an idiot. go fuck a blender.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
um... pretty much the same shit we showed him... cute........... He is working with a 1978 chevy, not a 1999 chevy. your information does not pertain to this thread, so you just clouded the issue, and confused the OP. Great work. Youre an idiot. go fuck a blender.
Excuse me!!! The diagram I posted is for a 1977 to 1979 K30. It is exactly what he needs to figure out his issue. Your an idiot for not reading what is in front of you. The Crayola diagram that was posted does not show ANY of the area he needs to be looking at. He has already posted that the wiring at the rear of the truck is working properly. I would venture to say that the 1978 turn signal switch is most likely the culprit to his problem.

Like your mom used to say......... If you don't have anything good to say..... shut the fuck up!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Excuse me!!! The diagram I posted is for a 1977 to 1979 K30. It is exactly what he needs to figure out his issue. Your an idiot for not reading what is in front of you. The Crayola diagram that was posted does not show ANY of the area he needs to be looking at. He has already posted that the wiring at the rear of the truck is working properly. I would venture to say that the 1978 turn signal switch is most likely the culprit to his problem.

Like your mom used to say......... If you don't have anything good to say..... shut the fuck up!
No, you're the damn idiot. You posted a schematic as a shrunken attachment, which may as well be a recipe for cookies for all the good it does. None of it is legible, including the title. Can't fault anyone for not seeing it, if it can't be seen:shaking:

At least the crayola drawing is clearly legible. You posted a childs scribbling.

Oh, and to the OP. Fuck you and your excuses for not spelling correctly. It sounds as if you are aware of the issue, but are still too fucking lazy to click a button and spell check your work. I've known a few folks with less than stellar grammar and spelling, and none of them would post that shit. Have a little dignity. To paraphrase your own words, If you aren't going to take the few seconds to proofread your work, or better yet, just use a spell checker, I'm not really interested in spending any time trying to decipher it.

As to your problem, well, it could be any number of things, and the only way you are going to find it is to troubleshoot it. Sounds like you have a good start on it, and it even sounds like you have some rudimentary understanding of electronic schematics and components. One other advantage you have, that none of the rest of us have, is access to the truck. Troubleshoot the goddamn thing. You know, by starting at one end or the other, and testing for proper voltages at each point. It sucks that you have no time. Join the club. When I don't have time for something, and it really has to be done, well, something else gets left un-done. Usually, that is sleep.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
The diagram is clear as day on my computer and phone both. It shows what he needs to diagnose his problem. I also told him where to find it for himself. Dehoebag has not contributed anything useful at all, just the standard PBB crap. Grumpy posted an incomplete diagram missing the turn signal portion. To each his own..... Why not talk shit to the comment about slamming the tailgate?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
The diagram is clear as day on my computer and phone both. It shows what he needs to diagnose his problem. I also told him where to find it for himself. Dehoebag has not contributed anything useful at all, just the standard PBB crap. Grumpy posted an incomplete diagram missing the turn signal portion. To each his own..... Why not talk shit to the comment about slamming the tailgate?
You're full of shit. I'm pretty sure that you are looking at the full size version on your equipment, but the one posted is completely illegible:shaking:

The resolution is 416X480. None of the print is legible, altho, if you save the file and zoom in, you can make out a few of the words. That means, you can't identify components, color codes on the wiring, etc.

It is worthless. Furthermore, there are likely a dozen sites which have diagrams for square body wiring, and any of them would be more trustworthy than Vatozone.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts

Better beotch!!! This is for a 1977-1979 K30. No crayons used. No bullshit from the worthless PBB'rs ... it includes ALL of the components for the circuit. Daboyle, you should have just used your awesome powers and posted one of the many diagrams for a square body truck that you know of instead of wasting your sleep deprived life on being an ass.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Better beotch!!! This is for a 1977-1979 K30. No crayons used. No bullshit from the worthless PBB'rs ... it includes ALL of the components for the circuit. Daboyle, you should have just used your awesome powers and posted one of the many diagrams for a square body truck that you know of instead of wasting your sleep deprived life on being an ass.
Yep, that is much better. :flipoff2:

As to posting a diagram myself? What the fuck for? There are plenty of them, and all you have to do is type in the make, model, and wiring diagram, into the search engine of your choice, and plenty of examples suddenly appear on your screen. It's like fucking magic, but easier. Aside from that, I'm just not that interested in helping the OP. I just posted because you are a fucking moron, and wanted to ensure you knew it.

Now go back and apologize to Grumpy, for being such a fucking idiot and posting an illegible schematic and then blaming him for not being able to read it. I'm sure it would just mean the world to him. On second thought, maybe you should quit while you are behind. I'm pretty sure his self esteem is intact, despite your fucking stupidity.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Yep, that is much better. :flipoff2:

As to posting a diagram myself? What the fuck for? There are plenty of them, and all you have to do is type in the make, model, and wiring diagram, into the search engine of your choice, and plenty of examples suddenly appear on your screen. It's like fucking magic, but easier. Aside from that, I'm just not that interested in helping the OP. I just posted because you are a fucking moron, and wanted to ensure you knew it.

Now go back and apologize to Grumpy, for being such a fucking idiot and posting an illegible schematic and then blaming him for not being able to read it. I'm sure it would just mean the world to him. On second thought, maybe you should quit while you are behind. I'm pretty sure his self esteem is intact, despite your fucking stupidity.

So you posted in this thread just to show how ignorant you are???? :shaking:

Wow!! Now everyone knows what a jackass you are. :flipoff2: I have no reason to apologize to your husband. He posted an incomplete diagram. The OP thanked me for what I gave him. It was not intended for Grumpy to try to see it past your head while you sucked his dick.

Your welcome to the Op. De bunghole, you will be ignored from this point on, sooooo.... If you post up again, your a superior moron. :D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

Wow!! Now everyone knows what a jackass you are. :flipoff2: I have no reason to apologize to your husband. He posted an incomplete diagram. The OP thanked me for what I gave him. It was not intended for Grumpy to try to see it past your head while you sucked his dick.

Your welcome to the Op. De bunghole, you will be ignored from this point on, sooooo.... If you post up again, your a superior moron. :D
Nope, just posted to piss you off. You are a fucking idiot for posting an illegible piece of chicken scratch, and the OP is an idiot for thanking you for it.

Everyone already knows I'm an ass, so you really aren't accomplishing anything by repeating it. You say it, like it's a bad thing.

As to your homosexual references, well, they pretty much speak for themselves. Pretty easy to see what is on your mind there. Very reminiscent of the 6th grade.

We'll see if you really ignore me. My guess is that you'll just have to try another feeble comeback, and will most likely include another juvenile sexual reference. Please, if you want to insult me, at least try to get past the grade school bullshit. Come up with something unique:flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,039 Posts

I would venture to state that you are incorrect.

if the wiring at the rear of his truck was working properly, he would have turn signals. he has power at the brake light switch. the signals work when he puts a diode in the system.

this tells me that he does not have enough resistance at the ground end of the equation, that the system will not activate until a ground is supplied.

but, hey, ive already said that.

I posted the color coded diagram to assist him, because those colors matter using the correct original wiring. other wiring that has been added or adjusted muddies things up. if he took the time to clean out his wiring, make sure he had good grounds to the frame, cleaned the bulb socket seats, checked for bad wires in the harness by determining if they are pliable enough to carry voltage or simply test the resistance with an ohm meter, he would find his issue and be able to address it without an overly complicated wiring diagram that he doesnt need.

what the hell do i know... it might fix his problem to take a few minutes to look at it.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts

mind your manners, too, boy. shit like this is not going to make you any friends here. Some of us have thick skin. Some of us will follow you and fuck with you. Some of us will pick apart everything you ever post, and have their way with you.

Im not threatening. Im simply explaining that getting someones attention in a negative manner is not conducive to a happy internet experience. Me? Im having a good time, and I could argue with you till your lungs gave out, if it suits you. Now, get me in a bad mood, and you probably wont like having your ass handed to over the intardnet. You lack the ability to insult in a literary fashion, you lack the ability to produce an effective return jab, and also the ability to accept criticism from those that can produce such a return. I have always thought those using "yo momma" jokes and homosexual based responses had a similar self tendency.

If thats all you got, you need to keep trying, because you arent impressing anyone, just alienating those that might one day feel kind to you. Make no mistake, you have my attention. Shall I continue?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts