Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah Id like to know also....How is it they stop covering the race, all but the finish line with only 4 guys finished??

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah Id like to know also....How is it they stop covering the race, all but the finish line with only 4 guys finished??

Um, its Dark out- camera's dont see in the dark, and are very expensive

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
ok fair call....I guess as budget allows they will have certain sections lit up using big flood lights and gen sets. Its amazing how some sporting events have taken off when they have switched to night coverage.

So how did Eddie (i think that is his name) go?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Peterson did finish outside the timeline. There was a huge crowd waiting for him at the finish line. I believe there were 28 total to finish...and all 28 were given a spot next year regardless of time constraints!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Fark, only 28 finishers. I know 2 of our Aussie's finished with Ben in 6th & Nick in 20th. Don't know how Criddy went but I will find out in the morning.

brooksy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I was watching the live stream when he finished, and it was really cool to see Dave and everyone crowding around. Miles kept saying Dave is going to keep the feed going no matter what until he finishes. KOH is a special event. Wish I could have been there.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Would be interested to hear the story. Is there a thread or someone know specifics? Brutal day for a healthy person can't imagine having the challenge of cancer. Awesome that he finished!!

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Eddie and his wife are super cool. They joined us for a local news station broadcast a week or so before the race in San Diego. Bumped into him all week long and couldn't be more happy to see him finish. Eddie, if you read this, I need one of your shirts so let me know where I can buy one!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
thanks to everyone that was pulling for us. when i get some time in the next day I will give a recap and a little story of how we we able to race the 2013 KOH. Mike, PM me your address and i will get you a shirt. Thanks for pulling for us. Eddie

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
the crowd was cheering when you got through back door at the jumbotron

it was definitely a little blurry out....i mean windy and dusty.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
We saw all the sweatshirts/tee shirts/family members at chocolate thunder, and watched one of your passes. Later on at the main screen, hearing the story, my boys and my allergies started kicking in. I didn't put the two together until seeing the pics just now.
Great job on finishing, if you have a link or something to buy from, I'd love to grab a couple tees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts