Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok has anyone ever tried to run WJ knuckles on a TJ 30 with the early WJ outer and a TJ inner axle? Not concerned with lug pattern. Also WJ steering.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok has anyone ever tried to run WJ knuckles on a TJ 30 with the early WJ outer and a TJ inner axle? Not concerned with lug pattern. Also WJ steering.
Early WJ "outer"? Stub Shaft? Unit Bearing? Those WJ shafts are CV axle shafts. Unless you have u joint conversion shafts for the WJ you can pair with a TJ inner shaft I don't see this happening.

Easiest, cheapest way, with limited fab skills to my knowledge is to get the unit bearing spacer, TJ unit bearing, TJ axle shafts and run a wheel adapter if you want a different lug pattern.

I don't think any of the original WJ steering will be useful on a TJ axle.

Stinky Fab Racing makes a kit for XJs. If you want to get an idea on all of the parts you need to buy.

SFR *High Roller Steering & Big Brake kit (XJ/MJ) - Jeep High Steer/Big Brake Kit

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The spacer has to be welded to the face of the knuckle.

WJ TRE's can be used if you can find someone to thread some DOM for the draglink and tie rod...

·
Has Training Wheels
301 Posts
I used WJ TRE's and the Moog adjusting sleeve narrowed to fit, its an odd size outside but 7/8" inside.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Old post, was the closest I could find searching...
Can you run WJ knuckles AND WJ unit bearings with TJ axle shafts?
I know the lug pattern is different...

Reason
Two of my current wheels are trashed
I have a complete WJ for parts and would use it's factory wheels
My rear shafts are already triple pattern drilled

1 - 7 of 7 Posts