Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 WJ 4.7 V8 119k- Sacramento CA

Clean title but has been on NON OP for a couple years so it needs some TLC to get it back to its full glory. I have owned it for about 10 years, it use to be my daily driver and would go down the freeway at 70 with no wobbles.

The good:
front axle is a 9" dif with dana 44 outers, Arb air locker, ctm u joints, warn hunbs
rear axle is an dynatrac hp semi float dana 60 w/ 35 spline shafts, Detroit locker. 4.88 gears.
241 tcase with SYE
Full belly skid, sliders, front arb bumper, rear trail ready bumper
2.5" front race runner 14" coilovers, 2" rears
Clayton long arms, anti rock sway bars front and rear
Steering box is tapped for hydro assist
Rear of the unibody has plated 3/8" bracing
Onboard air tank
Sound system with 2 subs
35" tires with matching spare

The TLC:
Engine smells a little rich with occasion smoke puff, it could be valve stem seals but I do not know for sure
Fuel pump might need to be replaced, sometimes I have to prime it a couple times before the engine turns over.
Rear 4 link truss needs to be replaced, and the 4 link could use some more triangulation. the truss cracked a couple times by the axle so its been welded back on.
Has a Warn 8k winch that worked before it went on non-op. I went to make sure it still moved and a solenoid might be bad because now it just clicks when trying pull line in our out.
2 coilovers need new seals
stock tcase shift broke needs to be replaced, and the plastic connector on the linkage at the tcase side also broke
normal misc leaks from it being on non-op and not running. I do fire it up every month and drive it around the block.

Its been a real fun and reliable rig, until it sat out the hot summers without being used. PM me for questions, asking $5k

1.JPG
2.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 20200530_104302.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts