Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean frieght.

Anyway, yup, will be doing a few more 7M swaps into trucks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One will be going in this

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RightPedal said:
1. How much each?
2. Got any letovers? ;)
$750 each.

Comes with turbos(not guaranteed to be good).

These even came with starters :D

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
superunner, we need a good wright up on exactly what it takes to make a 7mgte run in a truck or buggy. I.E. computer, wiring, bell and clutch parts, and such.

I am thinking of building a buggy using a 7mge or 7mgte motor, w56, duel cases with one low gear set and toy axles with 4:11 V6 thirds. My goal would be a light waight powerful buggy that would haul ass to the trail and also have the low end torq to crawle.

Can you describe to me how much of the wiring harness from the supra is used? Does it require pulling the dash and complete harness from the car?

Also can you give us the weight of the complete engine?

Thanks for the info.

Will you be at the 4runner jambo again this year? if so i would like to take a close look at you swap and talk to you about it.

Randy

·
Registered
726 Posts
WHAT ABOUT

a Stand alone WIRE Harness, ?

the 7MGTE ECM is easy to get i am guessing?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry randy, I won't be able to make it this year. My little trip out to North Carolina and back wiped me out, but I will be at the Yotafari if you plan on going to that.

The 7M harness is practiacally a stand alone harness. There is an EFI relay/fuel pump circuit, but I have figured all that out, and will be putting up on my website a simplified wiring diagram, along with a pinout of the connector on the harness.

I am starting to gather a little more technical information, and acutual parts you will need to do what.

Within a few weeks, I should have a 7MGTE/7MGE swap HOWTO. Should really help simplify things.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4RUNNERJADE said:
WHAT ABOUT

the 7MGTE ECM is easy to get i am guessing?
$100 off the web.

Harness is about another $100 off the web

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hey, got an extra one of those? My car wouldn't mind having one.

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
I check your home page, SuperRunner, but it seems to be down.

·
Registered
652 Posts
his webpage is www.supracharged.com

i'm interested in this as well. been doing alot of reading lately. wondering what the best car too look for to get most the parts out of.

i see those motors came with all the accesories, is that normal for them to come with them?

dave

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sometimes they don't come with the 3000 pipe, but everything else you see there is standard.

These actually even came with starters, which is unusual.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
about the same. I am sure at least a little more. But here is a swap I did while in North Carolina. 22RTE to 7MGTE. You can see by the tires and the fender flares, that it could not have hadded that much wieght. In fact we wondered if it was higher than before. Well, we still needed to mount the readiator and hood.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rob it seems a lot of the MKIII guys are swappin 1JZGTE motors in for the 7MGTE motors...

Do you ever have any HG problems or do you go straight to a MHG with the 'corrected' torque spec on the 7Ms??

·
Registered
726 Posts
how much harder to get a 7MGTE

In and WORKING in say a 1980 4x4 toy pick-up.

lifted with 38's

and 410's gears (I hope ) not sure yet thow,
Any how

of course it isnt EFI

And has the weak 4sp 4x4 tranny too,

will the 5mge BELL bolt up to the G52 tranny too. ?

and if i go FJ 60 P/S steering box (it goes on the out side of frame !)

can the AC compresor maybe fit then from the 7MGTE ?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
4RUNNERJADE said:
And has the weak 4sp 4x4 tranny too,

will the 5mge BELL bolt up to the G52 tranny too?
It might work, but I probably wouldn't do it. The W56 is marginaly for the HP the 7M puts out, I can't imagine a G series tranny would last very long... :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts