Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Joel, the story is, we are still in developing process because it´s very hard to make this ratio. The tooth cut on the ring gear is very deep on this ratio and that makes it hard to produce a strong unit. If it´s possible to make it, we will make it. In this case we need about 6 month to bring the parts on the market.

www.killeraxles,com
Wolfgang

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Joel, the story is, we are still in developing process because it´s very hard to make this ratio. The tooth cut on the ring gear is very deep on this ratio and that makes it hard to produce a strong unit. If it´s possible to make it, we will make it. In this case we need about 6 month to bring the parts on the market.

www.killeraxles,com
Wolfgang
Is it possible to make a little higher gear ratio than 5.7? Something in the neighborhood of 6.6-6.8:1.

I want to put either Volvo or Mog axles under my Land Cruiser and AA makes a 27% Ranger overdrive.

Sean

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wolfgang said:
We try very hard!

Wolfgang
I was just wondering if it would be easier to make a higher gear ratio (smaller numerically) than a lower gear ratio (larger numerically).

Or is the diameter of the ring or the something to do with the pinion that makes it difficult?

Sean

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
crazy idea

Because of the reasons you stated above would it be easier to make a Klun V type thing, but an overdrive instead of under.. that is divorce mounted right behind the tranny, or bolts to the axle it self?

.. I say divorced so it can be easier fit to almost anything. Build it so it has adapters to mount it to a torque tube like Mog or drive shaft like everything else. This way you have a larger customer base that can use the product.

Just a crazy thought.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: crazy idea

coachgeo said:
Because of the reasons you stated above would it be easier to make a Klun V type thing, but an overdrive instead of under.. that is divorce mounted right behind the tranny, or bolts to the axle it self?

.. I say divorced so it can be easier fit to almost anything. Build it so it has adapters to mount it to a torque tube like Mog or drive shaft like everything else. This way you have a larger customer base that can use the product.

Just a crazy thought.
The ranger overdrive is a torque/gear splitter than mounts in front of the transmission.

Check it out:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat332.tam?xax=4560&page.ctx=cat332.tam

It will split all gears. With a 6.6:1 overall axle ratio, a .73 overdrive, and a 1:1 transmission ratio, my final gear ratio would be 4.818. A 4.88:1 ratio is perfect for 35-37" tires for my rig.

Sean

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Re: Re: crazy idea

Overlord said:

The ranger overdrive is a torque/gear splitter than mounts in front of the transmission.

Check it out:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat332.tam?xax=4560&page.ctx=cat332.tam

It will split all gears. With a 6.6:1 overall axle ratio, a .73 overdrive, and a 1:1 transmission ratio, my final gear ratio would be 4.818. A 4.88:1 ratio is perfect for 35-37" tires for my rig.

Sean
that looks sweet. Wish something like that was made to fit my Mog. Their is lots of shaft between the Mog engine and tranny it would be a perfect area to do an overdrive like the Rangers. Course if someone did it it would not help me much since I have a different engine than most mogs. (5cyl Turbo Diesel)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Yea, the Klune-V is good, for some reasons even better than a gear ratio change, but i would like to reduce the driveshaft speed.
I will see what i can do.

www.killeraxles.com
good points Wolfgang. Esp. in the case of a mog where u dont want to increase the RPM's in the tranny cause of their inherent weaknesses. Its best to do it after the tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts