Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the event schedules so far, I have seen that we have 2 scheduling conflicts. The first is that the RCAA Women's event is scheduled for Cedar City July 3-5. It appears that UROC had an issue with another event in Farmington mid-July, so they changed their date for Farmington to be July 3-5.
Next, the RCAA has the second Women's event in Durango on Sept 11-13...it appears the ProRocks is now scheduled for Fernley, NV Sept 13-14.
This is a major issue. The women that want to wheel out there are usually in borrowed rigs...we need to support every event we can and really, the women's events definitly help the sport grow. Becca is planning on driving the CJ in the Stock Mod class and I've promised the truck to Mrs Camo for the super mod class...at the same time, we're in both the UROC series and the ProRock series and will lose series points if we miss those dates...Right now, I'm thinking that we will support the Women's events and miss out on points from 2 different series...BUT...that really sucks...
Has anybody heard if either RCAA, UROC, or ProRock is planning on working this out?
Does anyone else feel that we need to throw our support to the Women's events and ask the promoters to work something out? They cannot say it's impossible to change a date...it's already been done and that's what brought this about.
Any other ideas? With Shannon's situation and the fact he'll miss an event, plus this situation, would it be wise to ask for them to have each competitor to throw out an event of their choice???
There's only 2 women's events in the RCAA series, there's a ton of other events in the other series...
I'd love to know if anyone has any inside info or even an opinion on this.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
More and more the future of competitive rockcrawling is looking like a competitor is going to have to choose one certain association to run in.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Come on Dustin,

You know those dates change weekly. I'm guessing nobody even has a permit yet.

tony k

Chris is right, you need a bigger team. Why don't you call Red Bull for me.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TDW said:
More and more the future of competitive rockcrawling is looking like a competitor is going to have to choose one certain association to run in.
This really wouldn't give me any problems and I know which series events I would choose...the problem here is the fact that it is a conflict with the Women's events and throws a kink into two different series...I know the opportunities and marketing that come to this sport from the women's events...I know that from a marketing standpoint, we all need to support the Women's events as the potential sponsors eat that stuff up...if there's one thing this sport needs, it's more outside sponsors. That's why I have the issue I'm presenting.

Chris, you should know that I am working on more vehicles...I really need 3 spares just for myself!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
UROC had to change because there was no rooms at the time he wanted because of a rodeo going on in Farmington. So he is stuck w/ that date. If these promoters don't start talking to each other they are only going to hurt the sport. W/ all their big ego's they all think they are the only comp around. About the Shannon thing...... You have a choice where to go. He dosn't.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pure-adrenaline said:
About the Shannon thing...... You have a choice where to go. He dosn't.
Never meant it that way...I just figured if there were more than one reason on the table, the promoters might give it more thought. It's not really a series issue with us for UROC as we're already out of the points game anyway...We didn't have a great finish at St. George, We'll miss the Farmington UROC as I'm still recovering...That means with 1 bad score and 1 no scores in UROC, we're out of the running even if we chose to avoid the Women's event...I was thinking more along the lines of the other teams like Tracy (who's wife should compete as she kicks ass) and the others that really have something to lose...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I totally agree with you Dustin, I think its stupid to have 2 events on the same weekend, especially a situation like this one. I know Heather is planning on competing, but I dont know what will happen if her and Tracy both need the rig on the same weekend:confused: (I also agree with you about Heather kickin ass:D )

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It sucks! The girls lose out most of the time. They need to remember that the woman's events are just as important as the guys. I also think the guys have the most fun at the woman's events. We never get to watch very often.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Word out of Skyjacker is that they are only going to do one womens event this year and it looks like it is going to be in August at Avalanche Ranch. It almost seems to me the gals are secondary and with just one event a year it will never take off. IMOP

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
pure-adrenaline said:
If these promoters don't start talking to each other they are only going to hurt the sport. W/ all their big ego's they all think they are the only comp around.
Bottom line is, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, these groups are all in competition with each other. There is a finite number of the following resources:

--spectators
--quality competitors
--sponsor $$$
--days in the calendar

As more & more groups attempt to produce "professional" quality events, these resources will be stretched to the max. Net result is that some groups will fall by the wayside. Those that best capture the above resources (and learn to source them from unique places) will be around for years to come. The competition between sanctioning bodies may be a "friendly" one now. But, a competition does in fact exist. In my sport (mud racing), I make every attempt to avoid conflicts, but it's not always possible. And if avoiding conflict means 1 fewer event for me, well I can't cut my own throat. I'm sure it's the same with rock-crawling, or any other spectator sport.

TEX

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
smalltimewheeler said:
How do i tell my sweet thing that i'm doing 25 events and her one event is in jeopardy...:eek:
I dunno:confused: Maybe you could borrow the cruzah and let her drive it??:p

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Tracy,
Give Heather her glory for the day and give the rest of us a chance- just for one day- a shot at the top:D

How's the new trailer? See you in Farmington.;)

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tracy was too funny with his new trailer...HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HOW TO USE IT! Couldn't even figure out how the sink worked...Him and Jerry practically slept outside as they wern't sure how the bed worked... :D HA :D HA :D HA :D HA :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts