Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Very cool. I've been thinking about some new springs. Stories like this helps in the decision on where to toss my money. Maybe try out the new 5". :beer:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wizard_Drd said:
Very cool. I've been thinking about some new springs. Stories like this helps in the decision on where to toss my money. Maybe try out the new 5". :beer:
The 4 inch springs lifted mine a lot more than I thought it would!! Add in the spring hangers and shackles?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
primergray said:
The 4 inch springs lifted mine a lot more than I thought it would!! Add in the spring hangers and shackles?
I appreciate the comment. I need to spec it out some and find out how they handle the weight of a 350. Feel like I've tapped most of the information from searching PBB and next will be talking to them next week about any testing done under these conditions.

Not to hijack. .so back to giving Marlin props. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
makes me want to buy a yota.....I can say this about lots of people from this board. Great people even better customer service.

Pat

·
Registered
156 Posts
mc

he sounds like a niice guy. If you see him soon, let him know that one of his managers needs some attitude adjustment. If i was closer to their shop i would have driven over there and ripped the head off the guy I was talking to on the phone. I placed $3500.00 order and was calling to find out if it had been shipped. CJ, the sales guy, was gone. He is a cool dude. his manager wouldn't check on my order and told me I would have to wait until CJ came back to work. No clue when that would be. Then got real smart mouth on the phone. I hope I see this guy at a meet some time.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flipskid said:
he sounds like a niice guy. If you see him soon, let him know that one of his managers needs some attitude adjustment. If i was closer to their shop i would have driven over there and ripped the head off the guy I was talking to on the phone. I placed $3500.00 order and was calling to find out if it had been shipped. CJ, the sales guy, was gone. He is a cool dude. his manager wouldn't check on my order and told me I would have to wait until CJ came back to work. No clue when that would be. Then got real smart mouth on the phone. I hope I see this guy at a meet some time.
Hit his board and post this in the Customer Service Forum.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My 4Runner is pretty much a Marlin catalog right now, read lots of stories about him and how great his customer support is so I picked his products over some others. I called a bunch of times with dumb questions and CJ or Dean always went out of their way to help. I give Marlin two thumbs up and would reccomend his stuff to anyone.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
:rolleyes: I've had my fair share of problems with their products (Chipped gears on 4.7's, replacement set sent with bearing pressed on upside down, jacked up threads on crossover steering, etc.) but I have never met Marlin. I have had them give me a sob story about how they weren't going to make any $ on a deal since they were going to cover shipping though. :shaking: Oh well, they took care of it in the end, and I only missed one weekend of wheeling over it, so that isn't really a issue right?

Glad he was able to help you. I think it's just an issue of some of the hired help they have/had.

·
Registered
734 Posts
marlin gave me the hat off his head at sema and signed it because i was leaving that afternoon for home. he actually remembered my order from when i had put my crawler in my taco a year and a half earlier. DAMN good customer service!

holley

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
years ago (6 or 7) I bought a USED crawler adaptor from a guy up north. turned out my donor case had the wrong style shift forks. I called marlin to find out waht I needed to convert my case. Keep in mind that I had never actualy bought anything from him. he went out of his way to stop and meet me on his way to TDS and trade me straight accross (no charge) for the transfer case that I needed, he even gave me the speedo cable extension that didn't come with my used adaptor for free!. That is what I call customer service, and I wasn't really even his customer. I am about to start a buggy project and you can be damn sure that I will buy anything that I can from him.

·
Registered
645 Posts
well, after all this, I decided to fianlly pull the trigger and buy the ultimate crawler setup
hmmm 217 crawl ratio will be so nice
not sure who i talked to but we talked for 20 minutes so he oculd make sure what i was buying was appropriate for my type of wheeling and it would work with my current setup.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I've been hearing stories like this about Marlin for about fifteen years now, I have'nt met Marlin personally, but we've waved at each other on the trail a couple of times, I've seen him fixing peoples rigs on the trail a couple of times also. I once had a question about one of his products and he actually took the time, about fifteen minutes, from his busy schedule to make sure I understood how to install my doubler. He has a kick ass attitude and that is why I continue to buy from him, even if sometimes he seems a little pricier than others. I have bought three doubler adapters and a set of 4.7 gears from him with no problems. I try to buy other things from him first whenever I get a chance. Also when I call to order parts I never get attitude from his employees, they are always more than helpful. Keep up the good work and kick ass products. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i've bought from them and i've got nothing but good things to say about their product and service! marlin rocks!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts