Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project 10slow is the name of this. It will be a 10 second 1/4 mile 1983 4x4 toyota pickup. It will be sporting a highly modded 7MGTE pushing 600rwhp(700 crank power).

I just might end up being the worlds fastest.

It will make its first apperance at the 2004 Annual Supras Invade Las Vegas, on October 9th.

Here is my project status.

http://www.supracharged.com/other_trucks/10slow/10slow.shtml

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R154 for now, but I will then switch to the R151 when I get my bellhousings done.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sure, thats great and all Rob, but I'd rather see that motor be put to better use... like in one of your Toyota 4x4 vans I've been hearing about. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
I have only seen a couple of folks pull 600 out of a 7M-GTE without NOS here in Atlanta. Eric Varga and I think Will Neely finaly broke 600. It's a pretty good trick. No 7m powered Supra broke 550rwhp at TX2K4 this year. Orin Bivins drove his in so it was tuned for the street and not the Dyno so he only did 540. Hes nailed 700 a couple of times. Look forward to seeing you pull this off!
If your not sitting on a Engine maybe you want to get a 2j. They just make that power so much easier. There is at least a dozen 600+ MKIV's here in town.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I gotta go with grim reaper on this. If your not set on the 7m pick up a 2j and slap a big turbo on it, and then get some nitrous to spool it up quicker. :smokin:
What are you doing to the r151 to make it handle the power?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grim Reaper said:
I have only seen a couple of folks pull 600 out of a 7M-GTE without NOS here in Atlanta. Eric Varga and I think Will Neely finaly broke 600. It's a pretty good trick. No 7m powered Supra broke 550rwhp at TX2K4 this year. Orin Bivins drove his in so it was tuned for the street and not the Dyno so he only did 540. Hes nailed 700 a couple of times. Look forward to seeing you pull this off!
If your not sitting on a Engine maybe you want to get a 2j. They just make that power so much easier. There is at least a dozen 600+ MKIV's here in town.
I have all the supporting mods in order to make 600rwhp. All the magic is in the tuning.

I already have the engine almost built. I do have a 2JZ, but that is for another project that will hit 700-800rwhp

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dedekid said:
I gotta go with grim reaper on this. If your not set on the 7m pick up a 2j and slap a big turbo on it, and then get some nitrous to spool it up quicker. :smokin:
What are you doing to the r151 to make it handle the power?

2JZ is too easy, just costs more. See, I am trying to prove a point with all this, so we will see how it goes.

R151 can handle the power already. Good for max of 600rwhp. Same thing as R154, and R154's can handle it for awhile.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
SuperRunner said:
2JZ is too easy, just costs more. See, I am trying to prove a point with all this, so we will see how it goes.

R151 can handle the power already. Good for max of 600rwhp. Same thing as R154, and R154's can handle it for awhile.
:smokin: Can't wait to see it. Make a good build post of it's assembly and keep it current!!!!!!
:beer:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dedekid said:
Is your point that there both 3.0 ltr and should be able to make the same power?

No, there are a lot of reasons, but it will be discussed on supraforums after I achive my goal. And I will probably do it here too.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
When I was last in the drag racing scene (4-5 years ago) there was a 2nd gen that consistently ran mid 11's in the ballpark of 120... ON 39's. I think anyone who frequented Firebird International in that period can vouch for this. He ran a huge slick to accomodate the large front tires. It looked squirley as hell until the 60ft, but went amazingly straight past that point.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that would be pretty cool to see.

Oh, forgot to mention, it will be Toyota powered. There could be a blown 350/454 with nitrous 1st gen 4x4 pickup out there that is pretty quick, but this is keeping it toyota.

So, lets say, Worlds Fasted Toyota Powered 1st gen 4x4 toyota pickup.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the cab going through some reconstruction and weight reduction.

Cab is on the bed

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
Are you planning anything special for the bed....say fiberglass bedsides? Also what size of tires? are you going to lower it, lift it, or leave the ride hieght alone?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wish I had time to do something with the bed, but I don't Only 2 weeks left. Ride heigth will stay the same. Running 30X12 Hoosier drags for the rear, stock 29's in the front.

I pulled the bed off because I have to put in a roll cage, but it was too rusted out, so I rebuilt the body mounts, and replaced the floor with aluminum.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts