Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
We gotta go wheeling some time before we both own a Prius:smokin:
I think this Sunday I may go to the trail previously known as the Rubicon and see how far I can get in my STOCK 1999 Durango.

Dane

·
Registered
15,368 Posts
What is happening is that the older crowd (freshly retired) now has a bunch of time on their hands. They want the trail to return to their glory days (70s 80s etc) and make the trail the way they remember it. They dont understand that evolution continues and things change. They will never once respond with a simple yes or no because lies need explanation and have no respect for change. This is about personal gain and that is all there is to it.:shaking:

They will continue to point out Little Sluice was altered illegally and make excuses on the things that were not and why they have changed.
They want the trail the way everyone else wants it, so long as that involves 33"s or smaller and geritol. All changes will be made without notice and donations can be made to FOTR
Circle jerks will be given in every thread about their personal hero's.
the sad part is that older crowd forgets the fact the rubicon trail is and has been for a long time now, an UNMAINTAINED road, if they had a clue they would want it to stay unmaintained, instead that want it maintained to their own personal memory of the trail.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
the sad part is that older crowd forgets the fact the rubicon trail is and has been for a long time now, an UNMAINTAINED road, if they had a clue they would want it to stay unmaintained, instead that want it maintained to their own personal memory of the trail.
They have zero respect for your feelings. This is about money and their wants.:shaking:

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
All of those other trails are open to you and all vehicles, modified or stock. You are not blocked from driving 100% of the OHV trails in the Sierras. The LS was closed to the majority of users once the boulders were pushed in. The little sluice was not "closed" to anyone or any vehicle.

You have made the decision to build up your rig. I have no problem with that. You want to drive it on the Rubicon. I have no problem with that. You want to alter the Rubicon so you and your rig have more of a challenge. I do have a problem with that. But it is ok to have the trail altered to make it easier so YOU can drive it?

Why should I be forced to take a bypass? The Rubicon Trail is mine as much as it is yours. If all this trail modification crap had taken place on a bypass and not affected the the corridor that is the Rubicon, I wouldn't care about it. I'd tell you to go ahead and build up the difficultly all you want.

But someone blocked the Rubicon Trail to most of the users and that is not right.

Nobody was ever "forced" to take a bypass. Also, NOBODY blocked the trail to most of the users, there was just a section too difficult for you and your stock crapbox.

From one of my previous posts:

Again, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

:jeep:
Dane

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
Wow . . . how soon they forget!!!
Del knows exactly what I think about him...that's all that matters to me. My admiration and what he started is known. Del was the person that got me to get involved, instead of doing nothing. If you can't take a joke about him winning an OSCAR....it's not my problem. :shaking:

I'm done.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
They will never once respond with a simple yes or no because lies need explanation and have no respect for change.
Really? stop acting like my 5 year old
in post 34 you asked 6 specific questions and wanted a YES or NO answer.
within an hour those were answered YES or NO.
maybe you didnt like the answers, that is fine. but dont say that they wont give you an simple answer.

what you dont seem to understand is that if the trail were to continue to be and UNMAINTAINED road, it would also be a CLOSED UNMAINTAINED road.

So let me ask those of you that do not like what is happening with the Trail.
What are you doing to make a change in the direction you would like to see it go?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What would be the point in owning a "rockcrawler" if this were the case? If there are not areas that are challenging to drive why would you be involved in this sport. Why would you want to make the trail so a stock vehicle could drive the entire trail?
So, you're saying that hardcore rockcrawlers are the only legitimate trail users? Or are you saying that a stock vehicle owner is not a legitimate trail user?

My point is that you, and others like you, are actively aiding those who would love to see all our trails closed by dividing the 4x4 community.

Keep it up, I'm sure it's giving Karen a woody ...

I follow these threads hoping to see the community coming together. Unfortunately, there's been very little community and lots of tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

Phil

·
Registered
15,368 Posts
what you dont seem to understand is that if the trail were to continue to be and UNMAINTAINED road, it would also be a CLOSED UNMAINTAINED road.

So let me ask those of you that do not like what is happening with the Trail.
What are you doing to make a change in the direction you would like to see it go?

what you dont seem to understand is that the trail became one of the most famous recreational 4x4 trails in the world because it was an unmaintained road, ruin the hard sections of trail and it will no longer be anything but another sierra mountain back road, the trail should evolve just like the "jeeps" we drive have. the difficult sections of the trail do not have to be altered/closed in order to maintain it, youre obviously using that to justify your own opinion on what the trail should be like.

what am i doing to change the direction i would like to see it go? voice my opinion and put my money where my mouth is, what are you doing?

·
Read Only
14,843 Posts
I've heard this before. However, I've never seen any official statements reflecting such a paranoia.

Do you have any links or anything to support such a threat as being true and possible from an official source?

·
5,906 Posts
I've heard this before. However, I've never seen any official statements reflecting such a paranoia.

Do you have any links or anything to support such a threat as being true and possible from an official source?
Dude, I thought you were paying attention. Remember being in Rancho Cordova in April 2009? That proof is called the CAO. Pretty dang official to me.

EVERY piece of propaganda I have seen from the ski crowd has called for closure. Some of those are on the Internet. The threat is very real.

Thanks to Jack Sweeney there is now an official easement for the trail. That helps a whole bunch legally, but still the closureists are out there looking to make the next move. The threat of a seasonal closure still looms large. If, that happens, the next step is a longer time period.

Sent from my cool iPad I won at the Rock Zombie rig wash!

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
It still amazes me how much of the "younger crowd" still doesn't "get it":shaking:

For anyone that thinks RTF, or FOTR helped blow up the box, you're wrong. If you attempted to be involved a little more, and stopped just yelling on the internet, maybe you would understand.

If you want to be mad at someone specific, hell at the douche that dropped the first rock off the wall. He already posted in this thread.:mr-t:

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Dude, I thought you were paying attention. Remember being in Rancho Cordova in April 2009? That proof is called the CAO. Pretty dang official to me.

EVERY piece of propaganda I have seen from the ski crowd has called for closure. Some of those are on the Internet. The threat is very real.

Thanks to Jack Sweeney there is now an official easement for the trail. That helps a whole bunch legally, but still the closureists are out there looking to make the next move. The threat of a seasonal closure still looms large. If, that happens, the next step is a longer time period.

Sent from my cool iPad I won at the Rock Zombie rig wash!
So because every piece of propoganda from the anti-access crowd calls for closure that is a REAL threat?

I believe that the ramifications of trail closure are too far reaching (economically, logistically, ect) for the state/county to just put up a gate one day and call it done.

Once again, everyone is bowing down to EVERY request of trail alterations to satisfy the opposition based on a false sense of "winning" by keeping the trail open.

Dane

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
It still amazes me how much of the "younger crowd" still doesn't "get it":shaking:

For anyone that thinks RTF, or FOTR helped blow up the box, you're wrong. If you attempted to be involved a little more, and stopped just yelling on the internet, maybe you would understand.

If you want to be mad at someone specific, hell at the douche that dropped the first rock off the wall. He already posted in this thread.:mr-t:
Brian, I think the "younger crowd" "gets it", but they dont like it and are willing to voice their opinions about it.

There is no reason to "yell at the douche that dropped the first rock off the wall". That did not cause all of these problems, it was just another rock in the trail...IM SURE THERE WILL BE MORE!!

Dane

61 - 80 of 193 Posts