Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called on a 1985 Toyota 4x4 regular cab short box in the local classifieds. The guy is asking $1000 obo for the truck. The motor is tore down to a short block right now, with a rebuilt head and all the parts to put it back together, except the cam. Needs a new cam he says. Tranny has a new clutch, xfer case is stock, both axles have new bearings and seals (I'm assuming all outter and not inner). The truck is completely stock. No lift, no tires, no nothing. Bone stock. I'm a Chevy guy but am impressed by these trucks and thought a 4cyl would be great on gas and fun to play with. What do y'all think? Thanks!!

Kris

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
get it, could be cheaper, but if lots of parts have been replaced I am sure the owner may be pretty solid on price.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I would just offer to buy the front half, rest is junk anyways :D

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
seems fair worst case, you could get the cam and put the motor togeather. Then you could probably sell it for $2000. but id keep it.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Only you can tell if the truck is worth it to you. I personally wouldnt have the time to put something like that together and would pass on it unless it were super cheap and i coul duse it as parts.

IMHO, the truck is worth whatever you think it is worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts