Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would 130-3" wheelbase be too long for 53" tires

putting these under a waggy and trying like hell not to cut into the door jambs or passenger area...so do any of you think 130-133" would be too long? this is for having fun, not comps...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
definitly not. i think especially for texas and the wheeling that exists here that will be perfect. a lot of the comp guys are running 120 ish this year for the hillclimbs. i say keep it that way, dont change it

wes

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I think its a good wb especially for 52's. My fj45 is going to be 130 at least. Any shorter and the rears would hit the cab. Plus 130 doesnt look like 130 with 52's.:D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i was at 116 with 48s and i could get over some of the bigger rocks without dragging my shit that outher longer wheelbases would get stuck on.

my new buggy is at 123 with the 53s for that purpose.

but dont forget there is no perfect setup. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
toploader said:
I think its a good wb especially for 52's. My fj45 is going to be 130 at least. Any shorter and the rears would hit the cab. Plus 130 doesnt look like 130 with 52's.:D
I like the idea of a FJ45 on 52's. If you have any pictures please post them . cheers

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Im at 127" on 45's and have never been stoped from problems with length, so far its made things easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
I run 139" with 49's and love it, but I would hat it without 4 wheel steer.

Don Henry

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't know how to post pics but I ran in TTC last year in a big white and red chevy, I am not sure if you have seen it around.

The wheel base sure is hard when you crunch your RTI #'s

Don Henry
Taradon Ent.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
taradon said:
I don't know how to post pics but I ran in TTC last year in a big white and red chevy, I am not sure if you have seen it around.

The wheel base sure is hard when you crunch your RTI #'s

Don Henry
Taradon Ent.

LOVE FULLSIZES:)

Heres Dons Rig

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
I am at 127 with 48's........ seems like a good set up.. not done yet.... here is a picture..... I dont know if anyone has said this but bee careful with 53's and rear steer... very hard on it.... I am running rear steer also and am concerned with 48's and stock ujoints and stuff........ where are you located at ? any pics of the project yet? email me and I can post them if its a problem... [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts