Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working on my truck... who hasn't and figured that now is a good enough time as any to replace my old beat up seats. I have an extra cab so I'd like the seats to recline. I will be raising the seats up about 2" so mounting them won't be a problem since I'll be starting from scratch. I was thinking about Integra seats. What have you swapped in? New or used? Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Toyota sr5 bucket seats with adjustable lumbar seat pitch and back support. You can find em in I believe 85 and up sr5 trucks.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I grabbed a set out of whatever the name of the little ricer that scion makes. They require a little work to put in, but if you can operated a drill and a wrench, you can install them pretty quickly. They are comfy, and have alot of adjustment. I wouldn't try to put them in a single cab truck, or if your taller than say 6'3", but they work well in my 4runner

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
mr2 seats in my old 83 now, they are sweet, I am gonna git a set to repace the runner buckets I put in my 91

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ive got Mazda rx7 seats, there comfy w/ recline, lumbar support, and cheap at pick-n-pulls half off days Edit: Just ordered two prp's, anyone want to buy a pair of mazda seats?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ive got Mazda rx7 seats, there comfy w/ recline, lumbar support, and cheap at pick-n-pulls half off days Edit: Just ordered two prp's, anyone want to buy a pair of mazda seats?

how much you want for them?, and they 1st or 2nd gen rx7 seats

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
this was over in the general discussion the other day. thought it was interesting. the jcwhitney seats dont seem to look bad at all to me. ill look into this later when im wanting new seats.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503913
The suspension system on those seats look like junk. And I hate to say it, thats really not that good of deal. I priced some of the xtra wide PRP seats with a vendor on here, and shipped to my door a set were 400 bucks. So for less than a hundred bucks more than the JCW seats I could have gotten a much higher quality seat that I know works well, and will stand up to the elements (not to mention it was much wider to support my fat ass). And you can pick up a set of corbeaus for even cheaper, and still be way ahead of the the jc whitney seats.

·
'FREE DOLLARS'
333 Posts
I Have Honda Accord seats also that i got from the junk yard for $50. They automatically sit higher so i didn't need to raise them... I believe they were from 96-'00 or something like that, Plus almost bolt in...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got some seats from a Celica at the junkyard. Was like a 2001 or 2002. Black Vinyl. Real comfy, hold me in well. Look like a serious racing seat. They also have nets on the back of them more misc. crap. Lumbar, recline, move forward, really some awesome seats.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Subaru rs seats from before 02. They sit higher than stock seats and all it takes to put em in is drilling two holes and shimming up one corner with some washers. (at least in a standard cab.)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm about to try these out, they slide and recline and are suspension seats.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just installed seats from an 87 MR2 today. They sit just about the same height, lumbar support, tilt seat, and adjustable torso wings. They're VERY comfortable. The mounts were narrower in every direction. Same type of mounts tho. I just drilled all new holes except for the one from hole next to the tranny hump. I used it as a guide. The seat is about 1 inch or so narrower.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts