Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a top from a 90 wrangler w/ full doors for my girls 1980 CJ7 and the strikers dont work with her tub.. is there some easy way to make these work or somewhere to buy strikers that will function properly?sorry for the stupid ? but any help would be greatly appreciated thnx feel free to flame away...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Might be bad advice but I think you can drill in a later striker just fine. I am actually looking for the early style strikers for my early doors. :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
I`m not too far away from you, i`ll trade my early doors for your wrangler doors. I have an 85 so I could really use the later doors as mine will not latch to my tub, lol. My doors are perfect and not missing anything - but could probably toss in some cash to even it up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I`m not too far away from you, i`ll trade my early doors for your wrangler doors. I have an 85 so I could really use the later doors as mine will not latch to my tub, lol. My doors are perfect and not missing anything - but could probably toss in some cash to even it up.
do you have the original strikers for the early doors? we might be able to work something out but if i still have to fab a striker for the older doors ill just keep my newer ones.

·
Registered
232 Posts
do you have the original strikers for the early doors? we might be able to work something out but if i still have to fab a striker for the older doors ill just keep my newer ones.
Same here, i`ll look in to it. My body tub had nothing - no later style strikers or early style. Maybe your stock tub has what is needed - these doors close with an angled bar that slides over a flat striker plate, rather than the round striker pin.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same here, i`ll look in to it. My body tub had nothing - no later style strikers or early style. Maybe your stock tub has what is needed - these doors close with an angled bar that slides over a flat striker plate, rather than the round striker pin.
Ok my buddy who I got the doors from has these strikers - and they work perfectly, we just test fit the door with these. These are bolted in with two bolts. Same as the pin style striker pods that previous posters have mentioned, except these bolt to the face of the door opening rather than the tub near the roll bar.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11047_0101.htm?sgsc=QSHOPGBASE&utm_medium=compshop&utm_source=googlemerchant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts