Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about wrinkle paint?
It's really tough stuff.

I have never seen it for sale...

1) Where can it be bought?

2) How much does it cost?

3) Are there any special methods to applying it?

4) will the stuff I can buy be as tough as the stuff applied in a factory (do they use some kind of baking process?)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
My girl painted some of the planters with it. She said it was cute. Let that be your guide:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
CWToyota said:
Anyone know anything about wrinkle paint?
It's really tough stuff.

I have never seen it for sale...

1) Where can it be bought?

2) How much does it cost?

3) Are there any special methods to applying it?

4) will the stuff I can buy be as tough as the stuff applied in a factory (do they use some kind of baking process?)
schmucks, pepboys, napa all carry it, its about $3-4 a can, normal paint prep aplys.

i recomend spraying it in light coats, and building it up gradualy, its not the most durable stuff in the world. to make it hold up a bit better, id top coat it with some thing like hamerite.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That stuff is great if your looking for longjevity. It lasts forever and it also provides a little friction when things get wet. :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i recomend spraying it in light coats, and building it up gradualy, its not the most durable stuff in the world. to make it hold up a bit better, id top coat it with some thing like hamerite

Do you mean that the stuff you can buy off the shelf isn't the most durable in the world... or wrinkle paint in general?

Every instance of wrinkle paint I have seen has been about the toughest paint I've ever seen. My lab benches here at work are wrinkle painted... and they take some SERIOUS abuse.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
it's a bitch to clean oil and grime off of it, but it is indestructable.
I have a stapler here with it that dates back to the slide-rule era of engineering

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have a stapler here with it that dates back to the slide-rule era of engineering

Yeah... thats the chit I'm talking about...
the wrinkle paint on old Starret industrial engineering tools... that stuff is the toughest paint I've ever seen!

How does the VHT stuff from summit or the NAPA stuff compare to the old style stuff in chip resistance?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts