Pirate 4x4 banner

Wristed radius arm buildup?

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  TNRanger 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any write ups or different ways that have been tried on building a wristed arm? I've been reading about them but haven't seen much as far as pics. Any help would be appreciated. I have to build something this weekend. My 77' bronco doesn't flex in the front at all.

Thanks, BIGD

#5 ·
I would do that rhino but I need something for next weekend for the fall 4xfest in seymour, mo. I have plans to stretch the frontend and 4-link it this winter but i need some extra flex on the quick. thanks for the link zainy that looks good. Anyone else? I would like to look at 2 or 3 before I build mine!

Thanks again, BIGD

#7 ·
Alot of people say that the wristed radius arm is ghetto fab. although i tend to agree (to a certain extent) it does work well. Teh only problem with it, is that it will tend to dive under breaking to that side of the wrist.
Here it is installed on my nissan

#12 · (Edited)
Save your money and do a link set up and you will not regret it. A wristed arm is not worth the time.
whatever man... i know there is a lot more flex to be had but for a couple hours time you can get some good flex!

i am running bc broncos 5.5" coils with a wristed arm. it flexes, IMO pretty dang good considering it only took me a couple of hours to do. you'll spend days working on a link setup and a good deal of cash for the ends and tube!

http://picasaweb.google.com/WunTunEarlyBKO/NewBeadlocks/photo#5082396078966227538

http://picasaweb.google.com/WunTunEarlyBKO/NewBeadlocks/photo#5082396121915900530

-cutts-

#13 ·
TDBRONCO. I'm aware that doing a 4-link is way better. If you would read the entire post I believe i posted that i have plans to stretch and 4-link the front this winter. I have to get some more flex before next weekend for the fall 4xfest in seymour, mo. My bronco is running a one link grader ball setup in the rear and is all tube chassis from behind the front seats. The problem is that i have no flex in the front and a ton of flex in the rear. so i have to get the front to flex some quickly and easy. I'm extending the front 12 inches this winter and after next weekend i only have one other weekend planned and then it's teardown time.

thanks for everyone's help. Keep it coming. I'm building on saturday.

BIGD

#16 ·
I don't understand why some don't like wristed arms, I think they just never had one that was right.

I ran one for years, it was great.
They will always be around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.