Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 Holiday Rambler motorhome. p30, Chevy 454. 3 sets of brakes. First 2 are disc. Rear is drum. I bought a hydroboost from a big box auto parts store. But I bought the one that was for front disc, rear drum brakes. Which IS what I have, but I am being told it is wrong. That I should have bought the one for front and rear disc brakes. There is a separate tag axle booster for the drum brakes and it is supplied by brake fluid from hydroboost master cylinder. So does anyone know if this new hydroboost will work? I could just rebuild the old one, but I dont have the output rod anymore. It flew off somewhere. If I need to rebuild the old one, where can I get a new output rod?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Maybe this "motorhome" is on rockwells, maybe she overlands (assuming "she" ..and total newb you might regret your request :) ), and Pirate is a great resource. Sorry, nothing more to add....where the hell did they move the bible too??

·
Registered
355 Posts
excuse me?
They were kindly telling you that you should have posted in a general or newbie forum and not bother the hard core government motors people with a general question.

It would have helped if you had posted links to what you actually bought.

I would say return it and get a disc/disc set up, especially if the brake fluid chambers are different sizes then the one you are replacing. I suppose you could take apart the new one and put in the proper check values and such, but, you are probably talking a 10k pound vehicle, I would just do it right like you found it from the OEM. I am surprised the line fittings are not different sizes for the disc/drum one. On Fords at least, most of the older ones had the drum chamber at the front.

As for the rod, try kaliper king in Peabody MA. I use to work on their catalog (many years ago) and I know from being inside the place they used to have everything you could want, even if it is not listed. Their site seems down, otherwise I would have linked it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts