Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With three kids, we have outgrown my CJ, and I am looking for something to seat 5. I'm open to most anything, but have been impressed with some of the Grand Cherokee builds I've seen on here. Needs to be able to handle 60-70 on the road, but still be able to drop in on the trail.

let me know if you've got anything or have seen anything. I'm located in MS, so West Coast stuff is out unless it's just a give away price...

Would prefer to buy, but would also consider trading my CJ (hate to give it up).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
With three kids, we have outgrown my CJ, and I am looking for something to seat 5. I'm open to most anything, but have been impressed with some of the Grand Cherokee builds I've seen on here. Needs to be able to handle 60-70 on the road, but still be able to drop in on the trail.

let me know if you've got anything or have seen anything. I'm located in MS, so West Coast stuff is out unless it's just a give away price...

Would prefer to buy, but would also consider trading my CJ (hate to give it up).

Did you build the CJ?
if so, then build yourself a Grand wagoneer.
They are cheap to buy (bought mine for $100 it needed a tranny) and very easy to modify for off road.
I built a 75 wagoneer myself, it's great has 4 doors, seats 6 and is lighter than other full sizes, and slimmer too.
I can point you to a place where you will see examples:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=72891

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'preciate the "tip", but the three kids are a two-fer... and by that I mean 1) the necessitate a larger vehicle, and 2) reduce nearly all of my "spare time" to neil

no time or even desire to build another rig, that's why i'm looking for one someone else has put the blood, sweat, tears, and time into...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more bump for good measure...

i like a lot of the pics i've seen so far, but looking for something hopefully closer to home

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
If you weren't so far away I would offer my 1 ton 95 XJ. Perfect family wheeler with A/C, cruise control, 5 seats with storage room. Drives down the road on 36's at 70mph no problem. $10k plus shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts