Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine needs one for his cousin's 97 ZJ. They are in Bishop, he is in Sacramento. Anywhere in between is great! Wrecking yards are wanting $1300 for this POS axle. We all know they aren't worth the scrap metal!! ANYWAY.... If you have one laying around, please let me know!

EDIT: Oh, it should have 3.73's in it, but anything works! It could even be the POS aluminum D44, they don't care.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btt

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw come on.. Someone has to have one laying around!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I got one from a 94 zj driveline was 4.0,42re,242 if that tells you the gear ratio, only shitty part is that you are far away

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one from a 94 zj driveline was 4.0,42re,242 if that tells you the gear ratio, only shitty part is that you are far away
What is your zipcode? To my knowledge they have not found one yet and I bet they would pay shipping to get one... I assume your offering it up if we got it out of your hair?

On the back of the diff, there should be a tag that dictates what is inside? His was 52069378LS and 3.73 5707-4. Which all means it has 373's and limited slip.

Their local shop qouted them $2k to fix it. I told them I could fix it for $1k, and that would even pay my expenses to drive the ~800 miles!

·
Registered
927 Posts
i'm in 12477, and i would love to get rid of it, i'll let go of it for $100 and let you do the rest for shipping/pickup, i'll drive for the cost of gas a reasonable distance from here, also see if there's any trucks/trailers passing by here and out your way

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That'd be about $400 shipped. Let me see what they want to do!

Did you get a chance to see what gears it has? That's what is wrong with theirs, so they would need to replace the gears if it's not geared right. If they need to do that, then they might as well keep what they have...

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts