Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the bastard, not really paying attention to the details of the 4x4 system, as it is a towrig, not a wheeler. I glanced under the bitch and noticed it has a reverse cut front end? Ain't a 60 either... WTF is it?

Rear end is different than the older ones too.

Any ideas?

2003 dodge 2500 quad cab six speed diesel

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
There was a thread about these axles a couple months ago, in General 4x4 I think. It had a link to the manufacturers webpage. Try a search.
They look plenty stout to me.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Damn, 44 Runner was just a little quicker on the "Submit Reply" button this morning. I guess I better go eat my Wheaties:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Robert said:
Damn, 44 Runner was just a little quicker on the "Submit Reply" button this morning. I guess I better go eat my Wheaties:rolleyes:
Come on Robert, even with all the Wheaties in the world you can't hang with me :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You have the NEW CRAP....

Your front is a 9 (1/4) Chrysler CORP with air actuated hubs.

Your Rear is either a 10.5 Chrysler CORP or a 11.5 Chrysler CORP.

I say them when they first showed up at the stealership and just cursed.

Dodge lost there contract with Dana and the last trucks to have a Danas front and rear were the 2002 (2500/3500) and front were 2001 in the 1500.

The new body style are all new axle components that I WOULDN'T touch until they have some more parts the 9 (1/40 you can get upto 4.56 gears for but the rears ???

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Sorry, AZZ wipe Dodge:flipoff2:, those are not Dodge corporate axles, my friend, they are manufactured by American Axle Manufacturing, the same folks who made the mighty GM 14bolt, under contract for dodge, no different than the Dana axles were made under contract. Just an example of buying and using a componenet form an already established manufacturer to save Daimler-Chrysler from having to spend the cash on R&D themselves, no different than them buying Cummins engines, and New Venture transmissions and transfer cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts