Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting pissed off searching everywhere. :mad3: Here's my dilemma...toy axle swap is nearly complete. My front brakes are all hooked up with Napa 38288. My Zuk has a single rear line and it's on the T-block on the rear axle that I'm having trouble with. I ran new hard lines from drum to drum. Now...how the hell do I connect the hose hanging off the proportioning valve to the t-block. To me it looks like I need a hose with two male ends. The Napa line above is double female...so that won't work. What has everyone done??? I'm not switching to disc brakes. All I'm asking is for the hose I need to connect what I described above.

Thanks,

"A very angry frustrated, just want to finish my Zuk Koko"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just In Case .....

I'm not sure if this'll help. But when I reworked the hard lines on the rear axle I eliminated the "T" block. I didn't want to mess with hunting down a soft line with two male ends or go the "adapter" route. I simply bought a longer brake hose from the local NAPA guys (I use the wholesale desk. They seem to be more in tune with what I'm looking for) and connected it to the "fin" on the rear axle with a brake hose clip. Then the hard line connects directly to the hose. Here's a couple of pics of the job in progress (sorry I don't have any of the finished job) that might better demonstrate what I'm trying to explain here.
http://www.geocities.com/gvcache/bk2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/gvcache/bk1.jpg
In these pics, the end of the hose is covered with white plastic and the end of the hard line is covered in blue tape but they should give you an idea of what I had in mind.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I got rid of the t and used the old bracket off my stock axle. I will dig up a pic and post it for you

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A pic would be great.

Thanks,

Koko

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You are absolutely right! After I reread the initial post I see that you have a single rear brakeline. Are you sure a extended Zuk brakeline doesn't bolt up in there?

·
Registered
613 Posts
the T is a 3 way femail conector the toyota flexline is a male one end femail the other it would make a great realy long extention

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found a place locally, that will make custom brake lines. Figure that will just be the easiest. I'll take pics tommorrow to show what I meant.

Koko

1 - 9 of 9 Posts