Pirate 4x4 banner

421 - 433 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Damm Erik, quite a compliment coming from you!

I kept 9" of vert seperation but I moved the lower links to centerline with the axle. Before they were probably 2-3" abover centerline. Jury is still out on that. I think I like the added AS but I dont like my links being lower.

I am not missing the mohawk at all belive that or not. This time I just turned the pinion up super high to the point at full compression that I almost get driveline yoke bind. Now my pinion kinda looks weird but it kept it out of the rocks big time. I also like being able to have a cover that dosent leak or that I am not afraid to take it off and inspect gears in fear that I will break a bolt off in the cover or whatever.

I got the cover from http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/14-bolt-375-one-piece-differential-cover-kit-p-38.html I just welded it together. I coulda/shoulda made my own but I am getting lazy. I even used laser cut tabs for the axle too :eek: Dan at ruff stuff is one of the best vendors I have ever bought from by the way.

I have always admired your work too!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #424 (Edited)
Nothing new with the buggy. Its still hanging on for dear life. LOL. I will have to build a full on buggy here soon.

Thanks Justin :flipoff2:

I have been wheeling small local spots, no Moab for a couple of months though. I am only going out about once or twice a month. Not as much as I would like but I am trying to nurture a business now that is taking off and getting a bit out of control! :D

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Thanks Nolen and Justin. I think I picked a real interesting time to start a business. Oh well, it just makes it that much more exciting!

Nolen, I think we had a Farmington trip planned a long time ago. I am ready.

Justin, I am ready whenever you are. Just let me know when youre going and I will be there.

421 - 433 of 433 Posts