Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna throw some headers on my truck while I'm cleaning up my HP 44... But I can't figure out what the EFF these tubes are?! There is one on each manifold. The driver-side attaches to the passenger tube, then it runs into this weird thing, and then into a pump... I think it's a pump. I don't know what the pump is either? The serp belt shows using that pump with A/C, but I thought the A/C compressor was on the top of the system on the passenger side, across from the alternator? :confused:

Travis

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Michigan, don't have to pass smog, so how do I get rid of this pump? :) Is there anything useful for it? If my truck won't puke because I remove it, I'd like to get rid of it. Clean up my engine compartment, ya know? :flipoff2:

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull the pump too eh? What about the serp belt? I doubt the tensioner will take up the slack that getting rid of that pulley will make. Do I need a new serp belt? Or do I just leave the pump in there and take the lines off?

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a manual, and it didn't cover it, so I came here! :flipoff2:

The truck had a cat (it was a big 3" cat.. :eek: ), and it had a male fitting coming from it pointing towards the front of the truck, but it was plugged. The smog system also had a male fitting pointing towards the rear of the truck, but was plugged... I'm assuming both of those needed to connect?

I removed the exhaust system, and checked the cat when I did (felt really light); It was completely hollowed out :rasta: .

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.