Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the axle out and I am assembling my OTT hysteer when I realize my steering stops are all way out. Every single one of them are at completly different lengths. You can see the differences with the naked eye. How would this happen. I bought this truck completly stock on 28's and heavent touched the stops. IS there a measurement that they are supposed to be at? I am thinking if I could get some specs I could just measure the threads with a set of calipers and get them all the same but I have no clue where they are supposed to be at.:confused:

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
yarddog said:
Adjust them as far out as possible .......
But don't let the birf bind. Or wait until you can adjust them on the rig with tires on the axle so they can't hit the springs. It really not that important to adjust them before installing the axle under the rig in my opinoin.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
4-runnin said:
wtf is up with me steering stops?
What are you, a leprechaun? :laughing:

[LUCKY CHARMS VOICE] There always after me steering stops! [/LUCKY CHARMS VOICE]

FWIW, My steering stops were that way to. If you wheel, have decent size tires, and if you have stock Brifields, you may want to back them most of the way out: The more angle you run a birfield at, the weaker they become.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts