Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
I have a few pics on my webshots page. I am still tinkering with the pitman arm to get the best turning radius with no binding, once that is done I will relocate the custom track bar I built, as in the first pic above.
Check out "New Pics".

http://community.webshots.com/user/jrh713

Any questions, send me a PM.

· Registered
381 Posts
I think CJ's steering would still be classified as "Inverted Y" or "Knuckle-Over Inverted Y" . Beast40's set-up would be "Knuckle-Over Inverted T". 1TONTJ and I have "Full High Steer" with "Inverted T" links (TR is mounted to high steer arms, well above the stock location).

Crossover steering is where the TR is mounted knuckle to knuckle and the DL is mounted independently of the TR either on top of the knuckle (if TR is knuckle-under) or mounted to a high-steer arm that is mounted on top of a flat top knuckle.

Full high steer with crossover links would have the TR mounted to high steer arms, above the stock location on the flat top knuckle. The DL will go from the pitman arm to a second hole on the high steer arm. The way you mount them will also depend on use of TRE's or Heims.

Also, I was told when setting up my high steer on my coiled D44, that true high steer with crossover links was very difficult, due to coil spring and sway bar mount clearance.

I hope this is all correct, if not, flame away:flipoff2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.