Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've got the TT kit, pretty simple. It has held up well to thousands of road miles:flipoff2: . If I went off road I'm sure it would hold up fine. It'll be available in the next few months once I get the Toy axle swap under way, but with the way your projects move I doubt if you'll be able to wait that long.:D

Edit, I just finished reading your post, I'm running the x-over, not the high steer.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Same question.

Who's kit is good? Who's is junk?

I need to replace my bent/worn linkage, not just move it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
if your going to spend the money for hysteer, why not just step up to the plate and run yoda/dana's?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Made my own arms with 1-3/4"x3/4" flatbar, bent it to shape, notched one end to tig weld in my kingpin, redrilled and retapped the kingpin bolt holes to M10 x 1.25. Used 2 kick tierod ends for my draglink with a piece of DOM tube. Tie rod will be moly with both ends replaceable.
Startin 2 more arms for another rig so both drag link and tie rod go above. Fawk payin the cash they want for this steering shit.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I made my own cross-over arms too. It was pretty easy. I used the brake cailper bolts as a mounting point. Easy to make and worked great. I was going to make another set for the driver's side and go full hi-steer, but then I stepped up to the plate......

Rude, We've all seen your work. Make some, come awn, be a cheap skate :D . Mine cost me around $20 and took about four hours. If I can do it, you can do it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have the RRO Over the Top steer installed but it is yet to see the trail. My first impression is BEEF. I think it is a steal at the current price.

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Titanium said:
Made my own arms with 1-3/4"x3/4" flatbar, bent it to shape, notched one end to tig weld in my kingpin, redrilled and retapped the kingpin bolt holes to M10 x 1.25. Used 2 kick tierod ends for my draglink with a piece of DOM tube. Tie rod will be moly with both ends replaceable.
Startin 2 more arms for another rig so both drag link and tie rod go above. Fawk payin the cash they want for this steering shit.:flipoff2:

Pics are always good:)

HINT HINT HINT :D

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tusker said:
I made my own cross-over arms too. It was pretty easy. I used the brake cailper bolts as a mounting point. Easy to make and worked great. I was going to make another set for the driver's side and go full hi-steer, but then I stepped up to the plate......

Rude, We've all seen your work. Make some, come awn, be a cheap skate :D . Mine cost me around $20 and took about four hours. If I can do it, you can do it.
Steering stuff is something i dont like to skimp on..........Theres alot riding on it!!

Now if I was in a shop with a mill, I would make some of my own...but not at home with a welder and grinder...

Put some pics up Tusker!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Prior to painting.. just checking out fit and stuff.. and things..

Then.. pulled it back off and painted it and stuff.. purdy..

Bump steer is almost nonexistant now.. it takes one hell of a pot hole hitting just one tire to get it to want to move around on its own.. and I think it steers much better than it used to.. as far as effort is concerned.

Dave @ AAPA sells these things now.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
RudeZuk said:
Steering stuff is something i dont like to skimp on..........Theres alot riding on it!!......
I hear ya. It made me a little nervous for the first few trips. After puting it to the test wheelin a couple of times, I gained enough confidence to not worry about it.
RudeZuk said:
Put some pics up Tusker!
I sold the axles and steering. I think I have a picture at home though. I'll look and post one if I do.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Back to the top.

I am going to buy or build a hi-steer in the next week (at least start building).

I want both links above the springs. I pretty confident that I can build something similar to the RRO Hi-steer but I don't know where to get the tie rod ends. I know where to get everything else.

Does anyone know where to get the ends, what size are they, part number, specs, etc.

I'm also going to be installing the cellica PS at the same time, therefore I don't want to buy the RRO Hi-steer kit, and the RRO pitman arm to go from the toy box to the zuki link (which is threaded on to the end of the DOM).

Where do you get the rod ends to build it yourself.
OR
Buy the RRO kit (which doesn't seem like a bad price) and get a rod end to fit the stock cellica arm.

I e-mailed Glenn and he said he didn't know where to get the end to fit the stock cellica box. (Otherwords, buy the arm from RRO also)

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SilverZuk said:
Back to the top.

I am going to buy or build a hi-steer in the next week (at least start building).

I want both links above the springs. I pretty confident that I can build something similar to the RRO Hi-steer but I don't know where to get the tie rod ends. I know where to get everything else.

Does anyone know where to get the ends, what size are they, part number, specs, etc.

I'm also going to be installing the cellica PS at the same time, therefore I don't want to buy the RRO Hi-steer kit, and the RRO pitman arm to go from the toy box to the zuki link (which is threaded on to the end of the DOM).

Where do you get the rod ends to build it yourself.
OR
Buy the RRO kit (which doesn't seem like a bad price) and get a rod end to fit the stock cellica arm.

I e-mailed Glenn and he said he didn't know where to get the end to fit the stock cellica box. (Otherwords, buy the arm from RRO also)
I get my own, and build all myself:D

PM me if you need anything...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
SilverZuk said:

He's full of Sh!T, The female part is the same as the female of the Samurai drag link. Or you can call Gary at Petroworks and I'm sure he can set you up with the one's he makes.

:usa:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I really like the Breeze Hi-Steer set up, its a bit pricey though. It looks to be the most solid setup I have seen.

But personally, there has to be a way to get beter arms and then build your own links....that shiat aint rocket science!!

good luck, post up pics (everyone) of what you built, so we can 'Critique' them LOL :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts