Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time lurker of this great site and all the information. And now that I feel confident enough to try my hand at fabrication I can't seem to locate the threads I know I have seen before.

I'm wanting to put in a 3 link in the front of my XJ, and want to put coils in the rear with a 4 link.

I'm an Electrician by trade, and can follow instruction and build anything with strut. But for this build I feel like some dom tubing and welding will be better suited. I will be tacking it together and getting a b pressure welder friend to make the welds last.

Now my question is, I know I have seen a couple threads with excellent instructions on how to build both the front 2 link and the rear 4 link with coils. But after hours of searching I can not find them.

Any help would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I still have no idea about this whole unloading thing either, why does one type unload and the other not? to me I can't see how the axle is attached to the body effecting the desire for the springs to push the front end up more on a hill than on the flat. Unless one mechanically binds to prevent the movement. But in that can why wouldn't a limit strap do the same thing?
I'll have to run limit straps to keep my shocks from running out anyways since they always seem to be the travel limiter.

wow you are all over the place. first on jeepforum, then naxja, now here asking about how to put together a suspension. make up your mind dude
Long time member of JeepForum, but was getting lots of less than helpful information and PM's. Found NAXJA, and got some great advice. And while pricing it all out figured out that if I made my own stuff then rear coils would be possible, and Pirate has long been where I looked for fab stuff.

Thanks for the links :) Those are the ones I was looking for.

Read the first post, the mission statement at the top. There are Topic of the Months specific to suspension and there are links to all the projects threads that show how they built their suspensions.

Didnt lurk long enough... :flipoff2:
Hiding in plain sight. Damn. :laughing:
Thanks though :)

·
5,599 Posts
I still have no idea about this whole unloading thing either, why does one type unload and the other not?
Search "Squat" and "anit-squat" and "4-link calculator"
learn how the 4-link and 3-link calculator works.

Your not ready to build anything. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Call Clayton offroad and have your credit card handy! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Getting ready to do the same to my xj but with air shocks all around just got axles today. Glad I saw this for the links

1 - 7 of 7 Posts