Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XJ in Oregon, Tillamook SF off natural bridge

If any one know this guy that lost it up in the Tillamook State Forest in Oregon this weekend? Guy fell off going over the natural bridge on the University Falls trail. If you do have him PM me if he did not get any photos of it, I snapped a few. Truck seemed like it had recently happed but we did not find anyone walking the trails around the area so I guess he had another rig with him.

Hope he got his rig out.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
that bridge is really sketchy ive wheeled there

its so narrow and espically when its wet up there (allwyas in oregon) i can understand how it could happen. if you've been there ud understand

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comet said:
That looks like at least a double snatch block recovery. Hope he gets it out in one piece.
We were thinking the same thing. The pull would most definitely need to come from the front and up first. Then possibly a second off the ass end to swing him around and back onto the crossing. We were up there pulling trail markers our club left behind from a big event we hosted two weeks ago. Due to the light duty of the mission to get the markers, only we took a single stock 86’ mini. (One to drive the other to jump out and snag the markers) If we were in our Cruisers it would have been fun to put him backup on the trail to come back and find. Of course these days, we would inadvertently cause some kind of damage and get sued.

No idea how he did it, it was wide enough for him to fit. He may have got on it as he was just starting to come off the crossing. Spinning the rear tires could have caused him to go that 5-6” too far. No idea. I think about it every time I cross that part but have little doubt about falling.

I’m with Capt. Nemo I bet he just moved a winch up on his list of needs. But this one, will need more than one 8274.

We would also offer to help but have no idea who he is. Unless I can read the plate in the photo, can always run the plate.

Mark

·
Registered
595 Posts
Our club was up there all weekend and didn't see that rig. He's gonna have a good time getting that one out.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts