Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting for a friend who wants opinions on the best way to fit 33's on his new XJ. He does not want to cut the fenders, he was thinking about 5.5 rubicon express. What do you think?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the wifes XJ on 33's but I did cut the fenders and used Rusty's flares. It also has a total of 5" lift, but the way the front articulates There was no choice but to cut the fenders. Her's is a 99 and is still very streetable and some kind of good off-road...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've tried fitting 33s on my 84 XJ without fender trimming, discovered that the tires rubbed too much. Even AFTER fender trimming, my tires still rubbed at full articulation, I even have a custom 6" lift using full width D44s. Check into MADXJ and see hoy they trimmed the fenders while maintaining a good cosmetic look.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Go for the 6" lift from either Rusty's Offroad, or Rubicon Express's 5.5" option, and be prepared for a little fender trimming.

I've been considering doing exactly one of these setups for a daily driver. Though I'll probably just get a full size chevy instead, unless a screaming deal comes my way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, told him he would have to use the good ol sawzall, but being a first time wheeler he is nervous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts