Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
How much lift do you want? If you are fabricating all the parts to put them under your rig, just build it around what you want to achieve.

It's a little hard to answer your question when we don't know anything but the eye to eye measurement of the leaf. The first question that comes to mind... are you going to run them under the "frame rails" or outboard like stock?

Billy

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
You need to be much more detailed in your questioning or guys are gonna flame the fuk outta you. Honestly its hard for me not too. Jeepfreak nailed it. If you are fabricating all if this yourself then you have several options. If you intend to keep the factory locations with no mods whatsoever then holy crap sky high is what youll likely be looking at and thats IF you can manage to squeeze them in there. I HIGHLY recomend you do much more research on springs in general and then how to set them up.

BUT heres were Id point you.....Keep them outboard....this means outside of frame rails. Relocate the rear mount. Box the rear mounts completly and attach new mount at the bottom of them. Im sure if you dont get flamed to bad someone might slap a pic of that up for ya. Cut off the front mount and move it forward. However I cant tell you how much. Trail and error dood. Many can tell you many success stories were guys just try and fail until the get what the desire...however dont complete anything until you found what you want. Cutting off newly completed fab work shows lack of inteligance. Nothing ever fits the first time. BE 120% before you FAB 100%.

As your 7 post ass will likely pop up repeatly READ THIS http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582126 (and by the way if your asking about rear why the fuk do I car how many leafs are in the FRONT!!!!) Be MUCH MUCH MORE detailed otherwise we will presume you have read where some guy put 63 chebs on and loved it and now you want to but dont know how and expect us to walk you threw it wich aint gonna happen...make sense? Plus TJP will make you wanna kill yourself if you dont.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You need to be much more detailed in your questioning or guys are gonna flame the fuk outta you. Honestly its hard for me not too. Jeepfreak nailed it. If you are fabricating all if this yourself then you have several options. If you intend to keep the factory locations with no mods whatsoever then holy crap sky high is what youll likely be looking at and thats IF you can manage to squeeze them in there. I HIGHLY recomend you do much more research on springs in general and then how to set them up.

BUT heres were Id point you.....Keep them outboard....this means outside of frame rails. Relocate the rear mount. Box the rear mounts completly and attach new mount at the bottom of them. Im sure if you dont get flamed to bad someone might slap a pic of that up for ya. Cut off the front mount and move it forward. However I cant tell you how much. Trail and error dood. Many can tell you many success stories were guys just try and fail until the get what the desire...however dont complete anything until you found what you want. Cutting off newly completed fab work shows lack of inteligance. Nothing ever fits the first time. BE 120% before you FAB 100%.

As your 7 post ass will likely pop up repeatly READ THIS http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582126 (and by the way if your asking about rear why the fuk do I car how many leafs are in the FRONT!!!!) Be MUCH MUCH MORE detailed otherwise we will presume you have read where some guy put 63 chebs on and loved it and now you want to but dont know how and expect us to walk you threw it wich aint gonna happen...make sense? Plus TJP will make you wanna kill yourself if you dont.
I'm pretty sure that, together, you and I have now spent 23 times longer thinking about this project than full leafed xj has. :shaking:

Paging TJP...

Billy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts