Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
sounds like rearend to me, backlash out of wack or worn gears,
the pinion is turning but it hasnt made full on contact with the ring gear, therefore giving you a neutral drop feeling, when you put it in 4wd the front axle is taking the load off the rear, that why it doesant do it in 4wd. d35 are real shitty (cheap japanese bearings etc..) but 8.25's are really nice axles from my experience with them.

could possibly be speed senser on tranny but, i really think its the gears in the rear

d35 hold about 2 liters of gear oil i believe, if its a little low, dont worry about it, but if its severly low, i would probably rebiuld it or upgrade, depends on how long you have been driving with it that low. my buddie drove his xj around with about half a quart of gear oil for about a week!! and his rear end worked fine before and after he filled it up.

hope this helps!:D

· Registered
244 Posts
well that would make sense that the driveshaft binds, my buddy in his 86 converted yota, made a front driveshaft for it, well lets just say that it binds alot,has no grease in the slipyoke (no seal or zerk fitting lol) when he lets off the gas in 4wd high you can feel the jerk like someone put the damn brakes on, its weird, anyways you should lube up da yoke before getting crazy!

ohh ya,

bryan C

where do i get that synthetic blinker fluid? do you get that at the honda dealer or chevy lol? :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.