Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM box is shot. Time to upgrade right?!?
I don't know very much about steering boxes, what makes them upgraded or "heavy duty." I have been looking at a few options and I'm not sure what would be the best one to go with. Any input woiuld be great and much appreciated!!!

http://www.agrperformance.com/products_parts.php?cat=101&product=117&make=Jeep&model=114

or

http://www.offroadsteering.com/ ((products, jeep parts, steering boxes...between the 621m and the 251m, same price, just different dia pistons))

or

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/459_460/products_id/11829

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Let the flaming begin. I just realized the last link is for one of the PSC gears from another site, slightly cheaper. Regardless, anyone got any advice or input on the functionality of either, or even tell me about a different one.

I have also heard an '82 J20 will bolt right on and be a good upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
252 Posts
pee-J said:
OK, Let the flaming begin. I just realized the last link is for one of the PSC gears from another site, slightly cheaper. Regardless, anyone got any advice or input on the functionality of either, or even tell me about a different one.

I have also heard an '82 J20 will bolt right on and be a good upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

ARG is crap. The PSC stuff is really nice.

You can also get a 98 Durango 4x4 box at Autozone for $175 and that is a nice upgrade to a stock box.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I got my durnago box from a 97 from car-parts.com for 45 bucks. Need to put it in still. On the dunrago boxes though you have to watch out for internal spacers that can limit the travel, but any steering box shop should be able to remove them for you.

I would go with PSC but dang thats alot of $$$.

·
5,599 Posts
pee-J said:
Daily Driven 95 XJ 4.0HO. Rough Country 6.5" on 33's. Warn M8000, locked + other mod's and body damage. OK, so I have a BIKE rack on top, but no basket or spare up there!!!
With a signature like that you should not have been alowed to post :flipoff2:
Just go to the dealership and ask them to fix your :rainbow: car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your pretty funny ashman. sorry i'm not as macho as you. just in case you wondered, this is my 3rd jeep, I've done all the work myself, and am an active member of 4 off road clubs including NCKrawlers, Aggressive4x4, SFWDA and UFWDA. I also keep member status of 3 more around my land back in upstate NY: Hudson Valley 4Wheelers, Freedom Offroaders, and EC4WDA.

and I'm pretty damn proud that i can drive mine there, wheel the snot out of it, and drive it back fixing whatever I may need to IF neccesary. I'll be at the top of guardrail before you get yours off the trailer.... see ya round

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
dude he's being a smartass, note the :flipoff2: Just tell him to STFU, hey ash is your XJ even running or are you still working on the hydro's?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's cool, just had a bad day and he pushed a button...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts