Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done the rubicon or fordyce on an xr100? the girlfriend and kid just got a set and i wanna steal one:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Don't ruin your lady's bike, it will happen!

JW

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I rode out from the springs double up on an XR 200 once when a young lady i took there took so long to get there that i had to leave my bike behind and walk back in the next day and get it. The 100 will be fun.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
XR100's kick ass.

I want to buy one to take on the trails.

·
Registered
986 Posts
i rode an xr70 from 1972 around trails near my house and lets just say i was really embarresed and felt bad when i returned it to my uncle after riding it. im 18 like 160lbs. its not screwed but i dumped it once or twice and it had no plastic nor front light left.. but that was going to happen sooner or later because his son age 8ish is going to start riding it and when that happens. it will get dumped more than once. you could ride it slowly around and it should be fine but don't be cruisin on trails as fast as possible... :D because you don't want to have to booger weldz the frame back together:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Silly Silly...

Its not if he can make it, the question is what condition will the bike be in.

One beer turns into two... then the little XR will :nuke: because of ROCK DAMAGE.

Just my opinion... Rocks tear some shit up especially on a bike that is too small for the rider.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The trail will only damage the bike as much as he dishes out.

I wouldn't do it on a pristine bike, but if it has some scratches and you don't weigh a ton, then go for it. Just be smart enough to get off and walk the bike through the rough stuff.

I rode my wife's (borrowed) XR100 up a section she couldn't make and I laughed my butt off. :D It was great! I had the front wheel up in this slow motion wheelie for 4-5 feet.

After dinner that night my buddy and I grabbed the 100's and those bikes were a gas! I won't want to ride one for hours though. They feel like a toy and I'd do something stupped eventually. ;)

I'm guessing if you break it, you fix it.;)

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was worried about bashing in the frame rails on the bottom or bending the FAWK out of the rims....

a group of nearly 15 guys down here race xr100s and ttr125's on the weekends in my friends pasture on a track he made with a bobcat. the track is soo tight guys on bigger bikes have no advantage, its a freakin riot. mediflight had to come out one afternoon, rubins racin:D:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ya, I ride my wife's TTR125L once in a while to. Kinda fun, but the fact that the engine represents part of the frame and the fact that I wiegh 220 makes me leary about trying anything over jumps or rough terrain. Just fun in the flats.

But hey, if these guys can do this stuff on 50s then... ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE

http://sbfreaks.com/sbf_board/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1302

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did a round trip on the XR600, and despite all the protection, it still took a beating- kinda like beating you'd take with the 100's suspension...

·
Registered
71 Posts
mash it its just a xr100 I took my paps 81 trail 90 in deer valley I wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Bogger

I rode my Yamaha TTR 125 L with my girlfriend all the way in from loon to the springs and back in 1 day at Rubithon a few years ago. I was also in shorts with my girlfriend on the back. We didhave helmets and I do know how to ride pretty well. Its a blast and you can rally around stuff pretty good. :D You would be surprised how fast you can make up time
by picking the smooth lines.

Dave

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Paul, dont listen to DaveWFO, he cant ride! Just Fawking with you Dave. Every time I see someone riding the con on a bike I ask myself' "WHY?" It does not look like much fun. I like to ride fast when on a moto and leave the crawling for the crawler. But if you were to ride the trail, an xr100 would be a fine bike to do it on. You can basically crawl those things anyway.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i rode the con on my z50 when i was a kid. pops would just load it up in the power wagon for the rocky and mud hole sections and then unload it for the easier sections.

i've also riden double up on an al-bakers xr630 that was interesting.

i've riden it on an xt600 dual sport with a bald street tire on the back. didn't drop it but i sure bashed it up underneath.

i've ridden it on a 96 cr500. talk about a hand full.

xr250 that was the best bike for the trail. the sus was squishey enough and the power was mellow enough and the bike was light enough to where i realy did enjoy myself. the rest of the times it was only fun for a while(to spyder) then i just wanted it to end.

i wouldn't ride the whole trail on a 100 but they are fun to play on. i got one for my wife last year. they're great for spinning donuts or outhouse runs and firewood scouting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts