Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the coverage buddy!!!

The pics a great as usual with you.

We had very good weekend for learning what we need to do to the rig to race XRRA. Lance over at PSC is going to help me get the steering worked out and there is no way to get around having a selectable locker for the rear of the buggy. I feel like these two changes would have helped me be a lot more competitive last weekend.

On a good note the buggy felt great. It is stable and seems to ride nice around the track. For our first event I wouldn't say I am happy at all, but we did learn a lot. I think Jellico will be much better for us.

We all had fun though and can't wait to do it again.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Adam, you might want to look at the lock-out Bender built on Doc's car for KOH-- (but elected to just disable the ram)--

·
Registered
950 Posts
Its amazing how real the flames look on Levis car! We home now 2 out of four of the buggies are washed. Cant wait for a "normal" weather XRRA! THANK YOU to all the recovery guys for their efforts ALL weekend, not just for getting Levi put out. I wasnt worried a bit when I saw the fire, knew there was plenty of help there. Spotter extrordinare Kelly was right there helping him out!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
There were a lot more roll overs than I was expecting to see......more fires too :D! Also noticed that just about every rig out there had a screaming steering pump, was this course just tighter than most and working the steering more or is that the norm?

·
Registered
142 Posts
thanks

That was my first event ever, first time driving my new buggy, and the first time running with Lucky Dog. I had a complete Kick A$$ time for sure. Even though I kicked my own ass with front axle problems. Branik brought me a rear axle right after tech. Those guys rock.
The whole Dog Pound Crew, John Sumner from SMW, Mike from Bent and Twisted, all worked like mad men getting basically an entire buggy built in a little over a week. She fired up for her first time last Sunday. From the trailer to Tech was my seat time. All that being said, really the only problem I had was my own tape measure evedently with shaft lengths. (The 300's from Spider should be here for the next one hopefully.) But a complete buggy and no other issues really to speak of at all.
Thanks guys. I met some real good folks this past weekend. Ken thanks for helping me with one of your spares, Yes, I broke that one also

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You did awesome! You are going to be dangerous for sure.

Did you see the picture where you pelted McClure with mud? Funny as hell.

Go to my website, I have some really good shots in my Favorites folder of your buggy.

Great job!

That was my first event ever, first time driving my new buggy, and the first time running with Lucky Dog. I had a complete Kick A$$ time for sure. Even though I kicked my own ass with front axle problems. Branik brought me a rear axle right after tech. Those guys rock.
The whole Dog Pound Crew, John Sumner from SMW, Mike from Bent and Twisted, all worked like mad men getting basically an entire buggy built in a little over a week. She fired up for her first time last Sunday. From the trailer to Tech was my seat time. All that being said, really the only problem I had was my own tape measure evedently with shaft lengths. (The 300's from Spider should be here for the next one hopefully.) But a complete buggy and no other issues really to speak of at all.
Thanks guys. I met some real good folks this past weekend. Ken thanks for helping me with one of your spares, Yes, I broke that one also

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nolan as allways................YOU DA MAN................:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
rumor

Just maybe a rumor, but I heard that Levi's buggy caught the Swine Flu from rolling around and playing in the mud all weekend long.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
So I need to ask about the fires, research questions only...
What was the cause of the various fires, ATF? Fuel? Other?

Thanks

Big

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Nolen had this to say in the Header Wrap vs Ceramic Coating thread in Gen4x4

Wrap is so ghetto and when it is used on the headers, rollovers and spills when changing fluids get into the wrap and cause fires.

3/4 of the fires at Grayrock this weekend were those with wrap on the headers.

Screw that stuff, do it right with ceramics and shields.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts