Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
Not surprised. Nissan is stuck in high volume CVT equipped crap these days. It's not the marque it once was, and given the Renault management, they can all DIAF for all I care.

Yes I know Titan is coming out with a Cummins. No, I still wouldn't buy one.

Someday when there's no good used capable 4x4s left anymore we'll all be left wondering what happened.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not surprised. Nissan is stuck in high volume CVT equipped crap these days. It's not the marque it once was, and given the Renault management, they can all DIAF for all I care.

Yes I know Titan is coming out with a Cummins. No, I still wouldn't buy one.

Someday when there's no good used capable 4x4s left anymore we'll all be left wondering what happened.
That day is fast approaching.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Hmm. So let me get this straight. Most all the automakers have stopped waiting ten-plus years to redesign vehicles and for some reason Nissan hasn't touched their trucks in over a DECADE and is suffering from poor sales figures. Wow, who would have thought?!?!?

The idea that they will not build a decent body-on-frame SUV for the rough-and-tumble world is sad. As long as there is a market people will still buy something to fit that niche. Once the Wrangler goes IFS the market should be ripe for a comeback since it will not have the solid axle advantage anymore. Evidence what happened with the Liberty (KJ) when it replaced the Cherokee (XJ). Now all their crap except for the Wrangler is soft-roader.

I know I will keep a couple "good used capable 4x4s" in my garage forever.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Awesome, so if it is retarded for people to argue on the internet, then what does it mean when two websites start arguing?!??!?

·
Banned
45 Posts
That day is fast approaching.
I think that's the reason I decided to just stay 2wd and go for a pre runner. I seen this shit coming! Like to have 4wheel drive but fukit the new shit breaks in the snow. Seen a 2012 Taco this winter hit a snowy curb and busted the spindle knuckle. There are bad days ahead when a Toyota 4x4 can't hit a street curb in the snow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think that's the reason I decided to just stay 2wd and go for a pre runner. I seen this shit coming! Like to have 4wheel drive but fukit the new shit breaks in the snow. Seen a 2012 Taco this winter hit a snowy curb and busted the spindle knuckle. There are bad days ahead when a Toyota 4x4 can't hit a street curb in the snow.
Seen a late model Ford F150 go up a curb and blow a tie rod. It was going like 2mph. :(

·
Banned
45 Posts
I believe it and just wait till he needs a transmission in that F150. Hopefully it goes out before the warranty expiration date. My Father went some serious rounds with rebuilt transmissions for his 07. New vehicles are so pretty and comfy but scare the shit out of me. I have a 2013 Impala with 3600 miles I want to sell before it seriously malfunctions. I am looking into older Xterra's Frontier's and Toyota's as a possible replacement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts