Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m looking into getting a 00 2wd supercharged v6 it has 180k miles and I'll admit not to familiar with Nissan motor is this a lot or if maintained be fine and any other pointers would be great I'm mainly used to owning 4runners

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Supercharger on an Xterra ran from 2002-2004. Timing belts and water pumps every 100k, lots of folks purchase new or rebuilt nose cones for the superchargers before they get to the kind of mileage that truck has. Knock sensors issues on those as well. Take premium fuel only. Bottom end, fuel, and ignition systems are tried and true.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Supercharger on an Xterra ran from 2002-2004. Timing belts and water pumps every 100k, lots of folks purchase new or rebuilt nose cones for the superchargers before they get to the kind of mileage that truck has. Knock sensors issues on those as well. Take premium fuel only. Bottom end, fuel, and ignition systems are tried and true.

Pretty much everything he said. Just sold a crew cab frontier with this motor. Had 170k when I bought sold it at 240k. Never did get the knock sensor figured out but it didn't seem to affect drive ability. Loved the truck but the Supercharger started making noises at 235 so I sold it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Most every VG33 has a "bad" knock sensor but only the supercharged models are affected by it. Can be ignored on the non-SC, or you can wire in a resistor to fool the computer if you have an SC. Replacing it is a PITA.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info I decided to pass upon firing up it had a rod knock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts