Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a mid 90's 3/4t tow rig that I can fit my 2 kid seats in. Crew cabs are pretty rare. Will the Chev/Ford /Dodge xtra cabs fit a kid seat in the back? The wife is tall so moving the front seat up a lot won't fly.

Mike
72 EB
All needles to the right.

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
My two year old sits in the back of my Ram quad cab and fits with the seat all the way back. He does not have much leg room so he likes to kick the back of the seat on long trips. Once he is in a booster seat he will have more room. But yes they fit.

Scott

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I had a '95 Chevy extended cab and the kids complained on trips over an hour. Just not enough room. I bought a crew cab and no we're all :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have an 02 Ford F250 extended cab (2 door). I also have a 2 year old boy. I have to put his seat in the middle behind the fold down center of the truck. It is difficult to get him in and out. I did not think this one through.......get 4 doors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Fits....BARELY

I have a 4 month old little boy and his seat (rear facing type) DOES fit in the back seat of my 88 Chevy Ext cab. That being said, if you can POSSIBLY swing a newer truck that at LEAST has the 4rd door, it would be worth the extra dinero.:)

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
My truck is an 02 but the extended cab is the same size on all the second gen Rams 94 to 02. I have the back doors but I load Nick though the front and let him crawl back there. When he was in a reward facing seat it had to be in the middle but in a foward facing seat it will fit on the sides it is just tight. He weighs 29lbs so as soon as he hits 30lbs he will go to a booster seat which is not as deep as the seat he is in now so he will have a little more leg room. How old are your kids and what type of seats are they in?

Scott

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Illinois has a 40# limitation. They have to be in car seats until they hit 40# or 6 years. Mine are 18 months (24#) and 4 years (34#).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I think you have all convinced me to hold out for a crew cab. It's gonna be a while till both kids are in boosters.

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
We have two different types of car seats, one in the Ram the other in the Jeep. I set the one from the Jeep in the back seat of the Ram last night and it was a no go. The front seat had to be moved two notches foward just to fit the seat. I think waiting for a CC would be the thing to do.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts