Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
xtrm-s10 is a bad seller/hauler *Edit*Updated with better pics

So here are the facts as I have them and why I am sure
Brian Wakefield
Bay area auto transport
408-687-2577

CA#0365677
is a liar, and jacked up my bike.
I needed my bike hauled from OKC, OK to Sacramento CA. I bought it from a good friend there after verifying the condition of the bike (1999 triumph Speed Triple with 1200 miles on it) the bike was in great shape and had never been laid down. It was also repainted with a 3 stage Cadillac red paint.
Before shot:

The Bike was at my buddy Rob's shop until the 21st of May when Dleroy43 (Domonic) picked it up at his shop, my friend verified the bike was still in excellent condition no damage when it left.
Domonic hauled the bike to So Cal by the 23rd of May, and it sat in his garage under a blanket to make sure nothing happened to it until the 3rd of June. Brian (xtrm-s10) was supposed to meet Domonic in Bakersfield (75 miles from Domonic's house) to pick up the bike and he no showed, Domonic waited for 4 hours then finally drove back home. Brian (xtrm-s10) called the next day with some story about how he delivered a car to Mexico and left his phone in it or something.
So we rescheduled for the 4th and this time made arrangements closer to Domonics house. When he arrived to pick up the bike he had a car already on the trailer, and the bike was loaded behind the car. Domonic said the bike was still in awesome shape when it left and that Brian (xtrm-s10) did not fill out or have Domonic sign an inspection sheet.
The bike gets to me on the 5th of June a day later. I go out to meet Brian (xtrm-s10), and the whole left side of the bike is visibly damaged. The expensive paint has a huge chip out of the tank, and the shifter is bent, the handle bars are bent, the headlight/ turn signal switch housing is broke off, and a lot of stuff is scratched up real bad.
Brian (xtrm-s10) comes out with an inspection sheet fully filled out (obviously filled out after HE damaged it in an attempt to cover his own ass) with all the damages on it. It was not signed by anyone and states it was damaged before he took possession. He also tells me the bike has not moved since he picked it up from Dominic (which is BS because the car was not there anymore and the bike would have had to have been taken off to unload the car). Also all the paint transfer on the bike is black and his trailer deck was black.
I have called him every day since trying to get a hold of him to make this right, and he won't return my calls or answer his phone.
I reported the incident to my insurance company, but they are not confident they will be able to get any money from his insurance company yet. My next step is small claims court and the better business bureau to file a complaint.
I have not had time to get an estimate but the switch housing alone is $153.52 from Triumph.
So there it is, I would not trust Brian to haul anything of value for you, hell I wouldn’t trust him to haul a powerwheels.:mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:
The truly crummy thing is I got a great deal on this bike cause the owner was in need of money but after I shell out the money to fix what Brian (xtrm-s10) did to it will be a loss instead of a steal.

I know that's long so the condensed version is, Brian (xtrm-s10) dropped my pristine bike and jacked it all up and will not take any responsibility for it.
here are the pictures (they're little dark I'll take better ones with my newer camera):

·
Registered
111 Posts
I picked the Bike up in Oklahoma city and drove it back without any issues. I tied the bike down with 4 new ratchet straps to insure the bikes safety while being drivin to CA.
Taking off from work early to drive 150 miles with a pregnant wife and diesel prices to fit Brians driving schedule was great for nothing. In less than 24hrs or 300miles after getting the bike, he drops it and wont make it right.

How much of an reciving inspection can you do at night with 40 plus mph winds with enough time to pass me at the next gas station before I even get gas?

·
Registered
572 Posts
thats BULLSHIT, i saw it at doms house a few weeks ago and thing thing was CLEAN, i knew dom was extra careful with it and this guy screws it up right before it gets to you, hopefully insurance or the legal system will take care of you, good luck

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats BULLSHIT, i saw it at doms house a few weeks ago and thing thing was CLEAN, i knew dom was extra careful with it and this guy screws it up right before it gets to you, hopefully insurance or the legal system will take care of you, good luck
insurance won't do anything unless this guy steps up , and admits he screwed up.

I was hoping for a little more help from the dogs of pirate since he is a member here....

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
I was hoping for a little more help from the dogs of pirate since he is a member here....
Post a link in chit-chat. This fourm does not get much traffic.

Nice bike. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
What an asshat. I would drop a brick on his head. Hopefully his shit ass business takes a major dive once this thread gets going.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
WTF!

Does it look like he rode it and dumped it or just dropped it unloading/reloading? Not that it really matters as it is still on him.

The inspection sheet is flat out fraud! If the previous owner did not sign it then it did not happen

·
Registered
378 Posts
i think camarogenius chimed in on past threads, but i'm pretty sure to haul something like that you need to be licensed/bonded/etc and if not there are some pretty big fines

i'm just sayin...

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF!

Does it look like he rode it and dumped it or just dropped it unloading/reloading? Not that it really matters as it is still on him.

The inspection sheet is flat out fraud! If the previous owner did not sign it then it did not happen
no it dosen't run, so its not that he was joy riding it, i just think he dumped it unloading it, and just wont fess up to it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
small claims court. as soon as you file, most people get it taken care of ASAP. they dont want it on thier credit report. sue the ASSHAT. teach him a lesson

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
small claims court. as soon as you file, most people get it taken care of ASAP. they dont want it on thier credit report. sue the ASSHAT. teach him a lesson

ya we are pursueing that option right now
uggg what a PITA so much for trusting people:rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
That really sucks about the bike man.
Was there anyone around that may have seen him deliver/drop it. A witness would definatly be good for you if it goes to small claims court.
Best of luck, hope it gets resolved as painlessly as possible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
with the better pics I can see that I did not over look them.
I never saw or signed that invoice before
From my truck to the trailer was a direct rolloff and it never touched the ground and I was holding it while Brian ratcheted it down behind a brand new black mercedes with a v12 from Santa Clarita merc to San Jose merc.

Let me know what ever else I can help you with

1 - 20 of 79 Posts