Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about my first couple of posts. I'm young and stupid. Now about my XJ with the 2.8. It's dieseling and it sucks. I got a lesson on octane and it made sense. However, I am tring to sell it and it's kind of hard to tell a buyer that they have to put supreme in the tank with the price of gas these days. Is there anything else I could try to stop it? You guys are the best! I love you all.

Dogood

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Originally posted by dogood7:
<STRONG>Sorry about my first couple of posts. I'm young and stupid. Now about my XJ with the 2.8. It's dieseling and it sucks. I got a lesson on octane and it made sense. However, I am tring to sell it and it's kind of hard to tell a buyer that they have to put supreme in the tank with the price of gas these days. Is there anything else I could try to stop it? You guys are the best! I love you all.

Dogood</STRONG>
Back off the timing a hair...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your curb idle is too high. Lower your idle speed, and it should stop. If your idle is too low to maintain good drivability, you can also wire your a/c step up solenoid to have voltage while the key is on, and set your idle with it. Then when you shut the key off the throttle will close to the base idle set screw, which should be backed off.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Originally posted by dorfs:
<STRONG>Your curb idle is too high. Lower your idle speed, and it should stop. If your idle is too low to maintain good drivability, you can also wire your a/c step up solenoid to have voltage while the key is on, and set your idle with it. Then when you shut the key off the throttle will close to the base idle set screw, which should be backed off.</STRONG>
Exactly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts