Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I undercoat my rigs with fluid film every year before winter. The harbor freight sprayer that I have been using has been "ehh". It works but I have to manipulate it to spray where I want it to spray.

Any good electric sprayers out there that you've used that can handle a gallon of Fluid Film?

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
I undercoat my rigs with fluid film every year before winter. The harbor freight sprayer that I have been using has been "ehh". It works but I have to manipulate it to spray where I want it to spray.

Any good electric sprayers out there that you've used that can handle a gallon of Fluid Film?
Which sprayer do you have from HF?

What is the viscosity of the FF? I've never been around the stuff. Pretty thin, or super thick?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not familiar with fluid film, but I use the ace hardware one gallon pump sprayers all the time for diesel at work. We beat the shit out of them and they hold up quite a while. Biggest issue we end up with is dirt getting in the flapper check valve. Quick shot of compressed air and it's good to go.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Interested to see what others are using as well. I have a gallon of the Carwell CP90 to put on my truck. Its about the consistency of ATF. A friend does his with a HF paint sprayer but it seems to turn it into a mist and I think a fair amount is lost in the air. It also only holds a small amount at a time. I have been wondering if a garden sprayer is the way to go. Carwell has its own sprayer but its too pricey for me.

I am not convinced this stuff isnt just ATF in a different bottle with a higher price. Going to give a go this year and see. https://www.carwell.com/

·
Registered
151 Posts
X2 on the Ace hardware store sprayers. My dd under-body and under-carriage gets sprayed with food grade oil/mineral oil with good results and the sprayer has been trouble free so far each winter. The oil has the consistency of ATF and the sprayer has no problem with it.

·
Premium Member
14,254 Posts
No idea what fluid film is but I just upgraded to the $80 all metal pump sprayer from tractor supply. It is considerably better then my previous plastic ace brand one. This one might outlast me.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
you could always rinse your vehicle's underside regularly during the winter and avoid all that nonsense
Doesn't work. Salt still eats the fuck out of everything no matter how many times you wash the underside. I started using fluid film 3 years ago, with no washes, and rust has not snacked on the 4runner. It is still the same as when I bought it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is the stuff in the gallons the same as the stuff in the aerosol can? If so, that stuff is like lithium grease consistency but smells as bad as gear oil.

I'd try the suggested Harbor Freight engine cleaning gun since it's got the extension tip and is a siphon feed like the Fluid Film undercoating sprayers I see on Google

1 - 14 of 14 Posts