Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please tell me what year I need to look for to get a dana 60's front and rear out of a salvaged truck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jesuscowboy said:
Someone please tell me what year I need to look for to get a dana 60's front and rear out of a salvaged truck.
78-79 f350's came with 60f 70r and some 74-79 f250 came 60f 60r
i think the 250 only came with 60 fronts on heavy duty or crew cab though

next time i would do a little research on the subject, easy info to find.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
don't forget about the early 80 kingpin versions and the late model ball-joint versions. Really depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
364 Posts
CartsXJ said:
don't forget about the early 80 kingpin versions and the late model ball-joint versions. Really depends on what you are looking for.
this reminds me, ive read the 60 bible and done some searching and can't figure out why people prefer the kingpin axles over balljoint. Someone care to enlighten me?

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
TJ Fan said:
Strength and steering arm options.

Larry
Very true, though I have yet to see a 60 ball joint fail, maybe I am just not looking hard enough. But the steering options alone are worth it, and the fact that everybody who makes after market C's and knuckles always go with the king pin style might give you an idea about strength, besides if you are going to go to a 60, specially the ford HP version, you might as well just upgrade to the after market knuckles and C's now.....they aren't known to be the strongest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts